Windshield Variations

Introduce yourself. Name, scooter type, where from, How long you have been an owner, etc...

Moderator: Site Moderators

Windshield Variations

Postby Sheda » Sun Jun 25, 2017 19:41 19

My original windshield came off this past Winter due to 39,000 kms of dust, sand, gravel and the odd rock abuse :(
The new Givi was a welcome change in the early Spring due to the extended hand grip cover it affords.

Now, rather than toss the old windshield, I'm playing around with the idea of chopping, and painting it (Black, of course) and using it as a Summer "Sport Bike Cool" windshield. Now my question...

Does anyone out there have any 'Specs' or ideas / experience with shorter windshields on the Majesty?

Tkanks :)
It's all good...
Sheda

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: Windshield Variations

Postby subgenius » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:56 05

No, but I wanted to note your comment on rocks hitting the windshield.
I consider windshields to be a necessary safety device because of this.
And shields on helmets. I would have lost teeth without one.

Edited to add: I guess this does respond to your shorter windshield question. I wouldn't advise it because of the hazards.
Pro Magna Justicia
subgenius

Postby RJ64 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:11 05

My face shields last an average of 6 months because of debris. That's two shields every 6 months. Clear for morning ride and dark for afternoon. Windshield is holding up pretty good but I don't look through it, so it can get beat up longer.
2005 Yamaha Majesty "Blue Streak" - Darksiding since 11-02-2016
2007 Honda VTX 1800 N "The Beast" - Darksiding since 11-25-2016
2013 Honda Rebel "Franken-Rebel"
Jesus. That's How I Roll
RJ64
Super Poster

Postby cystokid » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:05 09

I totally agree. Anyone who has ever taken a hit from a rock or big insect understands completely...

subgenius wrote:No, but I wanted to note your comment on rocks hitting the windshield.
I consider windshields to be a necessary safety device because of this.
And shields on helmets. I would have lost teeth without one.

Edited to add: I guess this does respond to your shorter windshield question. I wouldn't advise it because of the hazards.
cystokid

Return to Who are you? Where are you from?