New Morphous owner in Portland Oregon area.

Introduce yourself. Name, scooter type, where from, How long you have been an owner, etc...

Moderator: Site Moderators

New Morphous owner in Portland Oregon area.

Postby Markas » Tue Jul 11, 2017 14:07 14

Just purchased my first two wheeled motorized vehicle a month ago at the age of 53. I have always been an avid bicyclist and I did ride a motorcycle a few dozen times 30 years ago, but decided to wait until I had lived a full life before making a scooter my daily transportation...lol.
I was looking for a late model Honda Reflex 250 ABS for under $2k when I came across a 2007 Yamaha Morphous with just 2100 miles in perfect condition aside from a dime sized nicely touched up paint defect. Seller was asking $1500, I rode it home after giving him $1100 cash and have been loving life as a Morphous rider ever since.
I have an owner's manual, but would love a copy of the service manual if anyone has a copy to share.
Also starting to look for a used/salvage working Majesty engine and associated parts to possibly do the "Morphesty" frankenscooter thing in the future. Enjoying stock too much to do it now with under 2500 miles, but keeping my eyes open to grab the parts should they become available.
Thanks,
Also looking for other new riders M or F in my area to join me in slow, 55 mph and under, skill building type rides. Looking for low stress fun 1-8 hour rides on scenic roads visiting parks, lakes, ponds, rivers, fishing holes, dive bars and food spots, geocaching, etc.
Markas
Beaverton Oregon
Markas

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: New Morphous owner in Portland Oregon area.

Postby 24.4ZOOM » Tue Jul 11, 2017 19:58 19

Wow what a great find. My Morphous is my commuter scooter, an 06, and is a candidate for the Morphesty process. We sometimes take off 2 up for a change of pace and it handles well, but a little more punch would feel like a far more comfortable Majesty. I miss my Majesty, so the swap would be the next best thing. Enjoy, and let us know how it handles the rain...
David
2003 Mercedes Benz C240 Wagon
2017 F150
2006 Morphous,Blue
2011 Can-Am Spyder RTS Orbital Blue
IBA 56167
24.4ZOOM
Super Poster

Return to Who are you? Where are you from?