Very hard to push Tmax

Introduce yourself. Name, scooter type, where from, How long you have been an owner, etc...

Moderator: Site Moderators

Very hard to push Tmax

Postby dirtbike_pete » Sun Apr 01, 2018 21:16 21

Hello from Peter, Ontario Canada. I purchased a 2009 Tmax, summer 2017, approximately 16000 km and find it very hard to maneuver around the garage etc. Tire pressures are fine, anyone have the same difficulty?
dirtbike_pete

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: Very hard to push Tmax

Postby Umbrianissimo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:07 11

Hi and Welcome,

I have a 2012 TMax, and came from a 2017 Honda CBF500 and a Piaggio BV350. Both were lighter and so easier to maneuver around. My back yard is small and I find the bike a bit of a challenge to manhandle in and out of the gate.

Is this the pushing you're referring to? I presume the handbrake is not on, or else it would not move at all. But, could it be binding? If it is just the size and weight of the bike, then I agree. I found that with the other bikes and scoots, it is possible to lean the bike more when pushing it. With the TMax, I have to really keep it mostly upright and steer it around, rather than lean it. It just seems to be a function of the size and weight of the bike combined with a fairly limited turning circle. It is wide and long and pretty heavy, so in my experience, it needs a bit of adjustment in how you push it.
2012 TMax 530 in sparkly white, 2017 V-Strom 650 also in spiffy white
"I think that god, in making man, somewhat overestimated his abilities' Oscar Wilde.
Umbrianissimo

Postby dirtbike_pete » Tue Apr 03, 2018 19:36 19

Thanks for your reply, been riding for 45 years, dirt and street, love the Tmax. I bought my wife a 2016 Honda Forza 300 and it is so easy to maneuver around the garage but the Tmax is exactly like you said. Hold upright and push like heck! I like her Forza but just wanted a little more "umph" ha, ha! The weird part is I have a slightly sloped driveway and it coasts down it easily.
dirtbike_pete

Postby Umbrianissimo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:01 09

Yes, its a curious thing. The TMax seems to be 'larger than life' when trying to muscle it around. It is one of my main complaints about the TMax. But I do love it. Cool that your wife rides; mine has no interest in riding a scoot on her own, and has only been on the back of any of my bikes about 3 times in 25 years.

The Forza is a nice bike; I wish they had been more popular. We just got back from a trip to Thailand and I saw quite a few Forzas there, including one that was modded with lots of flashy bits. Compared to most of the 125 -155 cc bikes there, the Forza is a real beast.

You still in winter or is it riding season yet?
2012 TMax 530 in sparkly white, 2017 V-Strom 650 also in spiffy white
"I think that god, in making man, somewhat overestimated his abilities' Oscar Wilde.
Umbrianissimo

Postby de dee » Wed Apr 04, 2018 14:16 14

On my kymco 300i when I don't ride for a while it is hard to move , I found it is better after a brake cleaning job, no drag !! On my Piaggio 350 to new to service yet , and is easy to move around, I am on my 3 rd. oil change from a moto USA break in WOT for 25 miles, 1 st. oil change 2 nd. oil change at 360 miles 8000 Km. I will do 4 th. oil change ( 5000 miles ) next warm day!!!, more snow last night 2 " rain this afternoon, we are getting a cold spell in Ottawa till middle of the month, artic vortex they call it, coming from Edmonton, last week it was nice went riding every day, felt like I was in Victoria again,
de dee

Return to Who are you? Where are you from?