New Member from Florida

Introduce yourself. Name, scooter type, where from, How long you have been an owner, etc...

Moderator: Site Moderators

New Member from Florida

Postby FLBIKER » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:45 09

Hi! Name's Bill from Panama City, Florida. Joined this week. Bought a 'new-to-me' 2013 YP400 with 2869 miles on it this last December. Really cheap and showroom new.

I rode friend's Cushmans, Allstate Cruisaire's (Vespa for you older folks), and Lambretta's back in the late 50's early 60's in high school. My dad said 'NO' to me buying a two-wheeler. Sooo, I had to wait until I left home at 18 to go to college. THEN, I got my first powered two-wheeler! A Triumph Tiger Cub. Back then, only geeks rode scoots after high school.

I've owned many motorcycles since, until a year ago when I rode a friends 650 Burgman down the block. Got me thinking. Few months later I saw an '06 Majesty on Craigslist. Rode it. I was blown away! I had to have one. Found my 2013 over in Alabama. Bought it the next day. Have been riding it almost daily since. Can't stop smiling.

Look forward to communicating with yall time to time. In fact, I would appreciate a little help on finding 'Tom' (tevering?) about the passenger foot pegs he made some time ago. Wife says stock footrests are not comfortable. And, also need a source for the Yamaha-discontinued back rest.

Thanks to the webmaster and moderators for a terrific site!

Regards, Bill

1982 Suzuki GS1100GL
2013 Yamaha Majesty 400
FLBIKER

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: New Member from Florida

Postby tonymarchman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 18:37 18

Hi Bill, Welcome to the forum. I started on a Triumph Tiger Cub also. My brother wanted to buy it but needed more cash. I bought my way in and much to my surprise I was allowed to take off on my own. I was in the 9th grade, no drivers license, no experience, no helmet and off I went. It rode and felt like a real motorcycle. A few years later I had my own 64 Triumph TR 6. I still miss that bike, Now I am older and ride scoots with cvt tranny. It is almost as much fun as the good old days.

As for 'Tom' tevering we have not heard from him lately. Maybe some of the members who bought from him has a set they are willing to part with. He actually made them at home.
Anyway, welcome to the group!!!
Tony in Tn
tonymarchman
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter

Return to Who are you? Where are you from?