Scooter convert in Oregon

Introduce yourself. Name, scooter type, where from, How long you have been an owner, etc...

Moderator: Site Moderators

Scooter convert in Oregon

Postby QueenBee » Wed May 23, 2018 22:50 22

Hi,

I've greatly been enjoying the information available from this site (thank you!) since getting my 2014 Majesty. I recently made the switch from a motorcycle (so tired of around town shifting) and have been scooting around with great delight. It only took a day for my feet to stop flopping around on the non-existent brake and shift levers. I just installed Givi a rack and am waiting on a top box so I can try my hand at scootin' grocery shopping. Adjustable brake levers are on order (me - tiny hands), and have my eye on some of the mods though she is working fine as is.

I'm particularly grateful for the information on the oil change bleeder screw because I like to do as much of my maintenance as possible and would prefer not to blow the engine over an oil change.

Items on tap: fixing the previous owner's damage to the lower RH panel, belly pan, and fairing (just got the parts), and getting insurance money or repairs from the schmuck who backed right into me (only had the bike 10 days) in my workplace parking lot. It shakes the confidence a little - I thought I might have the skills to avoid an accident but I learned that if the other driver is simply not looking, and oblivious to your blaring horn, and you can't get out of the way, then you are going to get hit. I suspect he was on his cellphone. Anyway the dope failed to offer a genuine apology and didn't even ask if I was ok. So the claim had to be filed - I can't leave it in a state of no accountability even though we are talking about light scratching and a damaged heat shield.

Happy scooting to all :D
QueenBee

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: Scooter convert in Oregon

Postby cystokid » Wed May 23, 2018 23:23 23

Welcome! I live in Michigan and have an '05 Majesty. Truly love it and take it to AZ for two months every winter. I was very concerned about being noticed, so I bought a headlight modulator. It blinks brighter and dimmer in a random fashion when the lights are set to "HIGH". There is also a small light sensor which deactivates the system at night--automatically. It helps a surprising amount. I've had people pull over or suddenly stop when I ride by. Since it is only the white light and not multicolored lights, they are legal in all 50 states. Installation was very easy and the instructions are totally straightforward. Costs around $150, I think. But well worth it!
cystokid

Postby QueenBee » Thu May 24, 2018 21:39 21

Thanks cystokid, I'll add a headlight modular to my wish list. Anything to be more visible...
QueenBee

Postby minimac » Fri May 25, 2018 7:38 07

With a decent sized top case, you'll find you'll be able to haul an amazing amount of groceries between that and the under seat storage. I added some LED driving lights to the front my '06-not so much to see, but to be better seen. I also have some reflective pin stripping tape that really stands out when the lights hit it at night. Enjoy, it's a great way to travel!
minimac
Turbo Poster

Postby QueenBee » Sun May 27, 2018 18:04 18

Thought I’d start out with a simple 30L topcase to see how I like adding a big bubble to my scooter bunz. It might not be big enough but it’s a starting point. Scooter grocery shopping does have me wondering what people do with big bags of potato chips and other fragile but very necessary goods. I also have the tail bag from my XT250 (just sold it today) and might try to cinch it to the passenger seat. Looks like I’ll have to fabricate rails at the grab handles to properly secure a tail bag.

And I’m already thinking of ways to brighten up the top case as it will obscure my hi-viz vest.

I’m so used to a 250cc motorcycle that today as I was following a car in a 35 mph zone, I was accidentally going 50 mph as if it was nothing. Oops. Slowed right down.
QueenBee

Return to Who are you? Where are you from?