New Majesty rider in Kansas City

Introduce yourself. Name, scooter type, where from, How long you have been an owner, etc...

Moderator: Site Moderators

New Majesty rider in Kansas City

Postby pump » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:27 11

I'm 58, been back to riding about 10 years after not riding since I was 20. Mostly i ride vintage Japanese stuff. Old Hondas, Kawasakis , Suzukis and Yamahas and am a member of the national Vintage Japanese Motorcycle club.
I like anything with two wheels and my scooter thing started with buying a wrecked white 2011 Honda PCX125 with 250 miles which I repaired, rode a bit , then sold for a tidy profit. Next I bought a red 2013 Honda PCX150 with 750 miles and rode it for a while. I sold it to get an red 07 Honda Reflex 250 last spring. The Reflex was fun but I wanted something more powerful still. I came across an 07 Majesty in blue on the local craigslist with 1200 miles and made a great deal on it. I dropped off the Reflex at a buyers house and then went straight over to the Majesty sellers house and picked it up. Luckily they lived fairly close together.
What I like about the scooters is the ease of riding. No shifting just twist and go Lots of storage is cool too. I have just tossed my back pack under the seat and cruised off to work. All were great commuters but so far I have only ridden the 250cc Reflex on the highway to work. The small Hondas were peppy and would take off like a rocket but of course had no top end speed at 125 and 150 ccs . I've only ridden the Majesty a little so far . It need a full service but I did get it up to 95 ( I weigh 175) on the highway and learned that the battery cover will fly right off! I had to order a new one and have it fastened with the little push fasteners now.

My scooters previous owner had gone to the Bahamas with his wife and had rented scooters. They had so much fun they decided they had to have one. They were living in Las Vegas and at some point returned here to KC where they are from. Obviously they didn't ride it much as it has about 1200 miles on it. Under the seat I found the paperwork that says how much he paid plus the extended service plan he bought and I feel like I stole it! The weather has been colder here and I've been busy at work so really all I have been able to do is get the battery replaced , get it insured and tagged, replace the battery cover, and dust it!. The seat cover has a few holes and I think I'll get it recovered NOT in the factory material. Full service is also called for. The windshield has something on it , like clear overspray or something. I found one on craiglist from a guy who put a taller one on his.
Looking forward to chatting here and damn this thing gets up and moves!
pump

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: New Majesty rider in Kansas City

Postby jggimi » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:55 09

Welcome to the club! The Maj makes a wonderful commuter.

Your full-service should include new tires, as yours are well over 5 years old. You can look through the forum here for rubber recommendations. I love my Pirellis, if that helps.
...this thing gets up and moves!
Sure, but only after the clutch engages. :mrgreen:

I think I've seen published 0-60 times of 11 secs online.
jggimi

Return to Who are you? Where are you from?