Morphous OEM Roller Weights Size

Morphous, Vino, Zuma or other types of Yamaha scooters.

Moderator: Site Moderators

Morphous OEM Roller Weights Size

Postby rowdyc » Sat May 18, 2013 15:29 15

I've been a longtime lurker of this site. Almost picked up a Majesty a couple years back but decided on getting Aprilia Atlantic 500. Bad choice at that time but I hope to make it up with this purchase of a Morphous.
The scooter has over 12K miles and of course the v-belt light is on. Since I need to change the v-belt, I was thinking of upgrading to Dr. Pulley sliders. I'm not aware of the gram size of the OEM roller weights and can't decrease size a gram or two for Dr. Pulleys. I have the service manual which describes how to check the rollers diameter specs but I can't find the actual gram weight of the rollers.
Does anyone know the grams for the weight rollers for a Yamaha Morphous?
rowdyc

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: Morphous OEM Roller Weights Size

Postby brightcell » Wed May 22, 2013 19:00 19

I would like to know as well....
I actually contacted Buggy Parts NW and asked the same question; they were not sure of the correct size/weight.
They recommended 20 x 12 and 14g each.
From what I found on the Service Manual (page 5-34), the diameter seems to be 25mm (not 20).

So my best guess is:

Dr. Pulley Slider Weight 25x14.9 - 14g each (x8)
http://www.buggypartsnw.com/home?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=482&category_id=42

I guess .... the best way to know for sure is to open the thing and weigh them :?

Let us know if you find out.
brightcell
Super Poster

Postby rowdyc » Sat May 25, 2013 10:26 10

I was told by someone that weighs their rollers, that the size is 19 grams. Seems very lite as the helix gram weights are 23.
rowdyc

Postby rowdyc » Mon May 27, 2013 14:58 14

As I'm doing more research regarding the morphous roller weights, I think the size is around 14 grams. The linhai 250 engine has 14 gram weights and I think the morphous and 250 majesty uses a similar engine. 14 grams seems better as take off is terrible but top end is around eighty on dash and prob 72mph on GPS.
I prob need to just pull and weigh myself but I want to pull old roller weights and change with Dr pulley sliders the same day and not need to order after weighing.
Does anyone know if the linhai engine is in the morphous?
rowdyc

Postby chucktuna » Mon May 27, 2013 19:20 19

Not much help on the roller weight question, but I would doubt the linhai engine has anything in common with the Yamaha
2006 Big Ruckus (3)
2005 Ruckus
1990 Elite 250
2010 Elite 110 (Sold)
2010 Madass (Sold)
2006 Morphous
2013 Honda PCX 150
2006 Majesty
2005 Helix (need motor)
200? Elite 80 (needs work) (fixed and sold)
chucktuna
Super Poster

Postby brightcell » Tue May 28, 2013 17:18 17

Good find!
Let us know if that info is correct.
Did you also get some variator slides to go with the Dr Pulley sliders?
I looked for those also but no one had any idea of what would fit in the Morphous.

Good luck!
brightcell
Super Poster

Postby rowdyc » Wed May 29, 2013 22:35 22

I stand corrected. The roller weights are 14 grams and I ordered from buggy parts some Dr pulley sliders, 13 grams. The morphous engine is similar to 400 majesty not the old 250 majesty. I think the variator and clutch from Dr pulley maybe the same for 400 majesty.
I hope the slides work. I have some mountains to climb on next trip.
rowdyc

Postby brightcell » Thu May 30, 2013 1:53 01

rowdyc wrote:I stand corrected. The roller weights are 14 grams and I ordered from buggy parts some Dr pulley sliders, 13 grams. The morphous engine is similar to 400 majesty not the old 250 majesty. I think the variator and clutch from Dr pulley maybe the same for 400 majesty.
I hope the slides work. I have some mountains to climb on next trip.

So you got some variator sliders too or you are going to use the OEM ones?
I am talking about those:
http://www.buggypartsnw.com/home?page=shop.browse&category_id=53
brightcell
Super Poster

Postby rowdyc » Thu May 30, 2013 19:14 19

So you got some variator sliders too or you are going to use the OEM ones?
I am talking about those:
http://www.buggypartsnw.com/home?page=shop.browse&category_id=53[/quote]

At the bottom of this page http://www.partsforscooters.com/169-344-Dr-Pulley-Sliding-Roller-Weights, you will see the variator sliders for the Majesty/Morphous but I did not order. All of my Dr. Pulley upgrades have used the OEM's. I may order but I don't think buggy parts carries SP2515.
rowdyc

Postby brightcell » Thu May 30, 2013 19:33 19

rowdyc wrote:At the bottom of this page http://www.partsforscooters.com/169-344-Dr-Pulley-Sliding-Roller-Weights, you will see the variator sliders for the Majesty/Morphous but I did not order. All of my Dr. Pulley upgrades have used the OEM's. I may order but I don't think buggy parts carries SP2515.

Thanks for the info.
Let us know how the Dr Pulleys work on the Morphous!
brightcell
Super Poster

Postby rowdyc » Tue Jun 18, 2013 0:30 00

I've installed the Dr. Pulley's 13g sliders in my Morphous. I did it with the schedule belt change. My takeoff has improved but I lost several miles on the top end. It's no rocket but now I can tell the difference as before it was difficult beat cars to posted speeds from stop lights. I've ordered some Dr. Pulley's 14g sliders to mix with them (4 of each size equals 8 sliders). I think this will keep the takeoff improvements and give me back my plus 80 top end. I would imagine decreasing the total weight of the variateor about a quarter of and ounce can make a difference. With buggy parts, they should be in for weekend installation. Hopefully an update to come.
rowdyc

Postby rowdyc » Sun Jun 23, 2013 13:30 13

I finally got the Dr Pulley's installed in my Morphous. Had some problems with the metal case being bent but I pray that it is fixed. Used four 13grams and four 14grams sliders, with the 14grams mixed between 13grams in order to balance the variator. Wow, what an improvement. I've changed the belt that was a little over 28mm left and the specs limit is 27mm from 30mm. Since changing the belt, I was expecting better takeoff and with the 13grams it was a huge improvement. Since I mixed the sizes, takeoff is about the same with 13grams size only but now I had it up to 86mph and didn't notice if rev limiter kicked in. I did achieve this mph after going down a freeway entrance and once I got on the freeway it was flat and wind behind back. Dr. Pulley decreases the revs needed to achieve speed. Since the revs are lower, higher speeds can be achieved before the rev limiter kicks in. I did have to buy two set of sliders that I will use next time.
rowdyc

Postby brightcell » Sun Jun 23, 2013 18:02 18

rowdyc wrote:I finally got the Dr Pulley's installed in my Morphous. Had some problems with the metal case being bent but I pray that it is fixed. Used four 13grams and four 14grams sliders, with the 14grams mixed between 13grams in order to balance the variator. Wow, what an improvement. I've changed the belt that was a little over 28mm left and the specs limit is 27mm from 30mm. Since changing the belt, I was expecting better takeoff and with the 13grams it was a huge improvement. Since I mixed the sizes, takeoff is about the same with 13grams size only but now I had it up to 86mph and didn't notice if rev limiter kicked in. I did achieve this mph after going down a freeway entrance and once I got on the freeway it was flat and wind behind back. Dr. Pulley decreases the revs needed to achieve speed. Since the revs are lower, higher speeds can be achieved before the rev limiter kicks in. I did have to buy two set of sliders that I will use next time.

13.5 gr is the perfect weight then :D
I bet that the new belt helped also.
86mph is really good!
Thanks for all the info you provided.
brightcell
Super Poster

Postby rowdyc » Tue Jul 16, 2013 23:06 23

I couldn't get the metal to metal sound to stop. I only heard it after decelerating from high rpm only. I've installed the oem rollers and no sound. Too dad as I liked the better take off.
rowdyc

Postby rowdyc » Sat May 03, 2014 11:14 11

After riding almost 20k miles on the original rollers I decided to try Dr. Pulleys again. Went with a smaller size than the OEM rollers (I measured them and they still were within spec) and got some 20x12x14 from here. http://scooterpartsco.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=95_516&products_id=1186&zenid=nq1trph7tnvfln415v8kan5pv5. Brightcel was correct on size from Buggy Parts but they are cheaper here.

I did a 500 mile trip with them and they work out great!! Take off from stop or slow speeds is much better. On a flat surface I'm always hitting the rev limiter around 73 mph, so of course to speed is better but it is limited. I wish I would have found the correct size the first time but glad I have them now.
rowdyc

Return to Other Yamaha scooters