morph. +1

Morphous, Vino, Zuma or other types of Yamaha scooters.

Moderator: Site Moderators

morph. +1

Postby papaballoon » Sun Apr 05, 2015 23:05 23

I have now owned a morphous for just over one year and about 11000 miles. The tires are bEing replaced and the drive belt as well. Im thinking of (going to! ) swapping the rollers for dr. Pulleys sliders at 14 gm.
My initial impression was actually spot on. This may be the best engineered vehicle ever. It still whirrss along at any speed you ask it to..up to about 75 or 80 with no strain. Yeah. .it's a250 but it's a damned good one
papaballoon
Super Poster

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: morph. +1

Postby bugsplatz » Mon Apr 06, 2015 22:04 22

Ahhmen to that, Bro! :cheers:
bugsplatz

Postby karlu » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:32 12

hi, papaballoon,

Good to hear you continue to enjoy the Morphous.

I've had mine for 5 or 6 months now, and continue to really enjoy mine. A month ago I installed a new drive belt and a set of 14 gram sliders...really did a nice job for improving take-offs. The scooter has only 5,500 miles on it, but I thought while I was in there I'd replace the 9 year old belt.

As you've stated, this scooter is one of the best I've had from a comfort standpoint, and, other than the fairly wide turning radius due to the looooong wheelbase, a very nice handling scooter.

Good to hear from you again.

karlu
las cruces, nm
karlu

Postby Driller » Sun Apr 19, 2015 15:57 15

You Betcha! I have put enough saddle time in to get my "sea legs" with the Morph. New tires, fresh oil and I'm ready to spend a few days in Western Virginia riding with a club from Jacksonville on "The Claw Of The Dragon". Take off is Sunday to meet the crew on the way up. Can't wait! Will try to take some pics and post a RR.
Cheers!
Driller
Why did I wait so long to do this?
Driller

Postby papaballoon » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:52 09

I do not find the turning radius excessive. The long wheelbase is what makes the thing so stable and to me that is a more desirable characteristic.
Could it use a little more top end? Yeah. ..But that is an evades quest. You want top end? Kawasakis new H2. 300 hp? Jay Leno commented that it was "frightening" to ride.
I would like a tad more acceleration. But i can live with it!
By the way as close as i can figure i just ticked over 15,000 miles with about 2900 on it when i bought it a year ago March.
I like the physical size and heft. I don't like that maintainence is difficult. And i need new assure cleaners. .at $75 each! Yikes.
But over all its a really great design. And i have never found a bike i like week enough to swap. Including the newer, red maj a friend has.
papaballoon
Super Poster

Postby papaballoon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:35 01

Just a short addition. I got the air cleaner and installed it yesterday. I need to do the other one soon too. The inlet side was nasty! But nothing on the engine side. So. ..doing its job! I love tinkering on the morph. I don't exactly name vehicles. But they are more than just vehicles. This one has a very laid back character. It's the best vehicle i have ever owned.
papaballoon
Super Poster

Postby papaballoon » Sun Apr 03, 2016 21:39 21

Morph +2! I have now had the morphous for 2 years. Ands for its "birthday" i bought a new majesty. I transferred title 2 years to the day from the same on the morphous.
The silver morphous will continue to serve me and the maj will help. They are a nice pair. The morphous went to Minnesota, Colorado, and most recently to chicago And to lacrosse Wi for work. I was shocked to see a photo in the local paper of a rock the size of a garage laying in the middle of Wi 35 northbound lane, a few miles north of prairie du chien. I had come down that route not 48 hours before!
There is not 23,500 on the morphous.
papaballoon
Super Poster

Postby Hip001 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 17:11 17

Morph +3
We love ours! This is our 4th one, and im sure there will be at least one more soon! Bought the first one cheap and liked it so much we sold it to buy 2 more really nice ones(his and hers). Sold both when we started a new business(sad day but time and $$ was going to the business). 3years after opening our business we are at a point to enjoy riding again. And my buddy Paul was selling his 2008 Morphous. He asked if we wanted to buy it.....HECK YES!! Thinking about doing the Majesty swap, but the wife says she is happy with the 250. The Morphous in my opinion is the best scooter ever! Fit and Finish, Reliability, Economy are all excellent! If only they could up the CC's and drop 100#! Lol
In God we trust
2018 Xmax 4k miles
2007 Majesty 31k miles
2008 Morphous 20k miles
2005 Majesty Blue 18k miles......sold
2005 Royal Star Midnight Venture 50k miles......sold
2006 Morphous Blue.......sold
2006 Morphous Black.......sold
Piaggio MP3 250 ......sold
1986 Riva 180......sold
Hip001

Return to Other Yamaha scooters