november tour

Morphous, Vino, Zuma or other types of Yamaha scooters.

Moderator: Site Moderators

november tour

Postby papaballoon » Tue Nov 17, 2015 23:37 23

Hey you wussies! Just returned from a tour of 1900 miles through iowa, Nebraska, colorado and kansas. Day 1. Nov 1,2015, 814 miles. (Just don't! ) but was anxious to get there (stupid) spent 10 days with. Girl friend. Then returned, reluctantly home to eastern iowa. Day 2 travel denver co to smith center ks. Close to 400 miles. Day. 3 of travel 510 miles. Plus some running around in denver area in between. Boulder is nice but the whole town Is high.
Good trip, suprisingly comfortable. But cold weather sucks no matter how great the day. And us 36 across kansas and colorado.. yeah!
Best impression of the trip? Getting on I-80 in York NE. Having gps lady say "take the exit right in 396 miles".
But i got home 2 days before the snow storm.! Other positive...well under $100 spent on gas! Even running 75 mph or better

oh yes...yamaha! The morphous rocks! But that hard limiter at 83 mph. You can bite me. I damn near shit myself! I was passing a schnieder when the engine just quit! Auuuuuugh! I damn near had a heart attack! Bad yamaha! Bad bad! Not funny!
papaballoon
Super Poster

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: november tour

Postby minimac » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:56 10

Glad you had a good ride. The weather here has been great, too. I've been looking for a Morph to add to the stable. I think it would be Ideal for the Scooter Cannonball.
minimac
Turbo Poster

Postby papaballoon » Thu Nov 19, 2015 21:45 21

Checked my costs. The 2000 mile tour cost just under $80 for fuel. I spent lots more on food and motel
papaballoon
Super Poster

Postby papaballoon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:06 06

Yep. Great bike. Oh. I don't know how they are as a dealer to the locals, but G Force powersports in boulder. Uh...not my favorite place. I had cupping on one side of my rear tire from riding in a granny side wind I guess. So waited until Tuesday (from Saturday) to call. Wanna order a tire. "Ok. Pay up front, it will be here by tomorrow orThursday" Ok tire got there late Friday. (Understandable) "can't touch it until Tuesday" Ok so I set appointment for Tuesday am. They DID squeeze me in. Good. Tuesday. (I had to leave thurs) dropped the bike off walked to a coffee shop for a breakfast burrito and coffee. (Black belly cafe. Highly recommended) got a call from the shop. The bolts on the swingman are not coming off. Gonna take a couple extra hours (at $115/hour)
So told then to keep their tire. Rode the bike home. Local shop fixed it for $175 including the tire. G Force got $12 for restocking.
Im moderately pissed.
papaballoon
Super Poster

Postby Driller » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:14 10

I am prepping my Morph for an X-country trip next year. Have to factor in a tire change somewhere in the journey. I can remove the wheel with no big problem, but finding a shop to change the tire is probably the bigger challenge. Your ride confirms this scoot is the one to do this ride.
Cheers!
Driller
Why did I wait so long to do this?
Driller

Postby papaballoon » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:44 08

I think the morphous if a terrific touring bike. Check with dealers on your intended route for tires and such. Mc Grath powersports in cedar rapids Iowa is an excellent dealer. They can get most stuff within two days.
I can not think of a downside to the morphous for touring. some people would like more power. But why? It's not a sport bike. I really do not need or want more than 65 mph usually. It will carry enough for a long tour. The efi and electronic ignition make it reliable under all conditions. I was up in the mountains and it never lost power or skipped a beat. I was solo. But gave my friend a ride. Perfectly good with a second human aboard. I personally prefer back roads. Because the super slab is booooring. But if 70+ mph is your thaing. You can do it. I am getting a majesty shortly, simply because that is what is available and I need a second skoot. But I would buy a morph again in a flat second. Best scooter Yamaha has EVER made
papaballoon
Super Poster

Postby TerryMiner » Sat Mar 05, 2016 0:22 00

Planning to visit Colorado in the month of June with my family. My daughter wants to visit Black Canyon. and other National Parks like MesaVerde National Park etc. so we are planning a 15 day trip. A friend of mine suggested me to take my car there in Colorado, so that I can visit nearby places and would not require to hire any public transport. He also suggested me a car transport company for transporting my car to Colorado.
TerryMiner

Return to Other Yamaha scooters