Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

Got a maj!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  papaballoon 
#1 ·
Ok took delivery of the majesty on monday. Did a little riffing in the intervening two days. And i am settled on my decision. ...i think. ... morphous has 23400 miles . The maj 4750. It's not even broken in! For now. The two are safe from major modification. I THINK that swapping the engines would be simply counter productive. I like BOTH bikes. A LOT! The way that they are.
Adding the maj engine to the morphous would change the sweet, smooth character of the scoot. I JUST returned from a ride of about 900 miles through iowa, Illinois, and wisconsin on it in fairly unkind weather. I hate deadlines. But was forced to hurry in virtually every case on this trip so the morphous was maxed out most of the trip. But it was smooth, quiet and sturdy the whole time. Most was 60-75 mph. Never missed a beat, and entirely trouble free.
But i believe that i will reserve it's use to mostly around town from now on. Mostly because i don't really like getting it up near the red line all the time.
At 65 mph the maj sound 5200 rpm. 80 is about 6000. Red line is 8400 ? About. Don't have a clue what that translates to. Have not tried to check with a gps. But i suspect a10% offset. The maj DOES have some features that i really like! The seat adjusts. The instruments are much more readable, it has a temp guage! The trunk is MUCH bigger.
But it vibrates more, and is louder! Im used to the electric hum ands smoothness of the morphous!
In ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES i would say, "majesty is the finest motorcycle i have ever ridden! " it is better than my old pc800! Even better than the helix i owned! But it is sadly, the SECOND best bike, because the morphous is the best ever! And that's a fact jack!

See less See more
#3 ·
I have a 7jurock windshield on the morphous with a laminar lip. The majesty now has a10 inch laminar lip as well. I like both bikes. Both are capable and super nice. The majesty just seems to be better suited for longer rides ands the morphous better around town. But they both are excellent for either use. Yesterday i ran a brief errand on the morphous that turned into a 45 minute cruise around the back roads east of me through a small town and back home. Just to ......ride. ...my god but that is a smooth and comfortable bike ! Just right. Ands i love the majesty too. My biggest problem is going to be which one to use. The choice will be easier for a while because the maj is not broken in yet. Only 5000 miles. While the morphous is sitting at 23500 miles.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.