2015 Yamaha SMax - Headlight Bulb Replacement

Morphous, Vino, Zuma or other types of Yamaha scooters.

Moderator: Site Moderators

2015 Yamaha SMax - Headlight Bulb Replacement

Postby byee » Thu Jun 16, 2016 15:42 15

How do I get at the headlight bulb on the 2015 Yamaha SMax ?

I've searched the web but nothing came back. I'd like to replace the halogen H4 with an LED H4.

Anything information will be appreciated!

Thank you!
byee

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: 2015 Yamaha SMax - Headlight Bulb Replacement

Postby tegboi » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:07 01

Hi, just took mine apart to see how to get to it today. Not my fault if you break anything or dont get it to align back again.

Remove the 4 phillips plastic screws holding the windscreen onto the bike, and remove the windscreen
Remove the two M8x10mm head bolts holding the lower area of the windscreen bracket onto the bike
The upper rubber stops, slide the opening into the larger opening and remove the windscreen bracket
The upper rubber stops (Marked (L) and (R) with arrows) are pushed in, and slotted. Pull back the top portion, then rotate the rubber plugs 90 degrees, then pull back to remove
The lower rubber sleeves (Also marked (L) and (R) with arrows) are just slid onto the shaft with 2 aligning rubber tabs. Simply pull outwards to remove the rubber sleeves

Once the bracket is removed, and rubber pieces are removed, you now remove the two T20 I think they are torx screws in the grill area where you can see the horn.

After that, the top area of the cowl has 4 clips that hold to the gauge panel trim, once you seperate those using a proper trim removal tool, or a taped flathead screwdriver, then you can pull forward from the grill area to release the 2 clips and remaining aligning tabs.

Install is the reverse of removal.

From there you can easily get to the headlight bulb.

Installation is a little tricky as you have to align multiple things at one time, take your time.
tegboi

Re: 2015 Yamaha SMax - Headlight Bulb Replacement

Postby byee » Thu Sep 15, 2016 19:05 19

thank you for the step by step instructions.
byee

Return to Other Yamaha scooters