2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Morphous, Vino, Zuma or other types of Yamaha scooters.

Moderator: Site Moderators

2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby ericroadking » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:43 12

I picked up an Xmax last week and since we don't have a dedicated area in the for for this model I'll just post my thoughts here in the general discussion.

Here's my initial reaction when I first laid eyes on it
I stopped by my local dealer today and poked around the Xmax. It really is a nice scooter and fit & finish is quite good in my uneducated opinion.

Here's a couple of pics and some random thoughts I had.

Huge butt on it and I like it.
Image

Stock winkers are from the same old parts bin Yamaha has just for U.S. bikes. They just keep slapping these same signals on a lot of their bikes for the U.S.
Image

There are some really good ideas about how to mount a nav or smartphone. At first glance the cladding on the handlebars seems problematic.
Image

I'm 6'4" tall with a 34" inseam and had no issues with knees hitting the bar or being able to flatfoot the bike.
Image

At full lock the bars get close but my knees still clear.
Image

Huge storage under the seat!
Image

There was a sticker on the left side of the fairing that said "Blue Core"?? I'm not sure what that's all about?
***Edited to add, here's the poop on the Blue Core*** https://global.yamaha-motor.com/showroom/bluecore/en/
Image
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
ericroadking
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 10
Location: Spotsylvania, VA

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby ericroadking » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:47 12

I purchased this scooter to fill the gap between the 155cc Vespa and the 1,000cc FZ-10. The FZ-10 to me is pretty much and old man/woman's sport bike with an upright sitting position and my last run on a sport bike. The Vespa 946 just works on many levels for me and it will most likely outlive all others in my garage. The Xmax is a real treat for me to have a scooter that zips along comfortably at 70+ and will make a good companion for some of my scooting adventures.

This thread will be the pros and cons of this particular bike and maybe a few modifications and maybe some of my ride reports. Famous last words, but I should be good to go for quite some time. I'm rather embarrassed that I bought it as I sold off a few things around the house to foot the bill. I feel a tad bit greedy having a m/c and 2 scoots so I was just being kind of quiet about it. After some thought, I just said to heck with it and went ahead and posted it here.

This scoot will do 100 mph (unverified by GPS yet) so freeway riding at 75 - 85 are no worries. The older I get, the more I'm enjoying scooters... The functionality of 45L of storage under the seat, (in this case) 75 mpg, weather protection that is hard to beat, add a topcase and dry bag and I can carry more than most bikes if you so desire. Throw in ABS and traction control and you have damn good and cheap reliable transportation.

The specs:
Engine - Type 292cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke, SOHC single cylinder; 4 valves
Bore x Stroke70.2mm x 75.9mm
Compression Ratio - 10.9:1
Fuel Delivery - Fuel Injection
IgnitionTCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission - Automatic CVT
Final Drive - V-Belt
Suspension / Front - 33mm telescopic fork; 4.3-in travel
Suspension / Rear - Dual shocks; 3.1-in travel
Brakes / Front - Hydraulic disc, 267mm; ABS
Brakes / Rear - Hydraulic disc, 245mm; ABS
Tires / Front - 120/70-15 Dunlop® Scoot Smart
Tires / Rear - 140/70-14 Dunlop® Scoot Smart
L x W x H86.0 in x 30.5 in x 55.7 in – 57.7 in
Seat Height31.3 in
Wheelbase - 60.6 in
Rake - (Caster Angle)26.5°
Trail - 3.7 in
Maximum Ground Clearance - 5.3 in
Fuel Capacity - 3.4 gal
Fuel Economy - 75 mpg
Wet Weight - 397 lb

I present to you the new Xmax 300.
Image
Image

Here's a few random shots I took at delivery in the showroom.

About as new as you can get.
Image
Image
Image
Image

(more to come)
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
ericroadking
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 10
Location: Spotsylvania, VA

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby ericroadking » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:49 12

And here's some initial reactions and thoughts about this bike at a whopping 100 miles into it.

Here are a couple of tidbits that may or may not help someone in their decision to purchase the Xmax in no particular order.

First, where is this scoot made? The first and second characters in the VIN number tell you what country your vehicle is made in. In the Xmax's case it's MH which means it was produced in Indonesia.

Here's a guide if you wish to check your other vehicles.

The key fob (a first for me) has a single button on it that is multi-purposed. If you hit the button when parked and locked you will get an audible tone and the 4 winkers will flash to assist in locating your bike in a parking lot. You have the ability to turn the fob off and on by depressing the button and a LED indicator light will flash. You get two keys with the bike, be sure to attach one to the fob in the event of a malfunction of the fob you can still get back on the road.
- Short flash (0.1 seconds) the fob is on
- Long flash (0.5 seconds) the fob is off

To operate the bike you must be within 30" of the ignition, so roughly the width of the handlebars and imagine a circle around them.
Image

There's a well hidden key lock to open the seat in the event of fob failure. It is located on the right side covered by a rubber cap.
Image
Image

My personal thoughts on the keyless fob are mediocre at best. Sure, it performs flawlessly and is really convenient but my area of concern is when is doesn't perform and I'm on the road and in inclimate conditions. Given the choice I would rather have a plain old key and take another $100 (?) off the price. I think there's better technology out there in the market today like the Kymco's that utilize bluetooth to your phone for a multitude of info going on with your scoot. Just my .02 cents...
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
ericroadking
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 10
Location: Spotsylvania, VA

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby ericroadking » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:51 12

The tires that came on mine are Dunlop Scoot Smarts. I've never heard of them before?
Image

They are made in Indonesia as well... It will be interesting to see how these tires do. The stock ones that came on my Smax were mediocre to bad in wet conditions and didn't prove to be good on longevity as well. I want to say those tires were made in Taiwan. (?) I'll report as I put some miles on them.
Image

Under seat storage is a mystery or my googlefu is weaksauce today but for the life of me I cannot find the liter measurement of the capacity of the storage. Some say 41L and another says 45L. What I do know is it will hold and close with two XL (fat head) AGV full face helmets.
Image

If you take a look at this picture it shows cutouts for the crown of the helmet. Basically it's exposed seat foam so it has some give, which is a good thing. So if you have a very tight load it will flex a little to accommodate.
Image
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
ericroadking
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 10
Location: Spotsylvania, VA

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby ericroadking » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:56 12

The muffler shrouds and various parts of the bike are cladded in this interesting design. Here's a picture of the muffler shroud.
Image

Oh! I forgot to mention on the under-seat storage. See these two slots in this picture? They are incorporated into the underseat storage to accommodate a travel bag Yamaha sells.
Image

Here's a look at the bag.
Image
Image

And of course Yamaha makes (Givi as well) a right decent tunnel bag that I highly recommend.
Image
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
ericroadking
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 10
Location: Spotsylvania, VA

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby ericroadking » Fri Apr 20, 2018 13:00 13

The minimal tool kit is stored under the seat and attached by a thick rubber O-ring. When you remove the tool kit, the O-ring will pop off and possibly get misplaced, so keep an eye on it.
Image

Two hex keys, screwdriver that pulls out and has a blade on the other side and a spanner wrench to adjust the suspension. The adjustment points are very easy to reach and can be adjusted on the fly.
Image

The LED lights are brilliant! And!!! (unlike most other Yamahas) they both light up on low beam. I love the menacing look much like the R1s.
Image

The rear LED tail lamp has knockouts where the rest of the world get integrated LED winkers, the U.S. gets the Tupperware lollipop turd signals. Yes, I meant to say turd. lol I will make the Euro conversion later on down the road and post here the modification.
Image

Oil fill is very easy to get to and there's a sight window to check the oil level.
Image

As well is the oil filer to access. It does have an actual oil filter unlike the Smax that has an oil screen trap.
Image

So there's a few of my thoughts and I hope it helps someone on the scooter journey in life. Like others have said, I have gotten so much invaluable info off of the m/c community, I try very hard to give back with solid info for other to make an educated decision.

Eric
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
ericroadking
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 10
Location: Spotsylvania, VA

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby ericroadking » Fri Apr 20, 2018 13:02 13

I only have a couple hundred miles on it so far and I will post some candid thoughts about this scoot when I have had some more seat time.

Thanks for reading,

Eric
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
ericroadking
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 10
Location: Spotsylvania, VA

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby alloo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 14:24 14

I have owned the Yamaha XMAX 300 since late November. I am the first in Colorado. I don't own a car and this is my main wheels. I am very impressed with this bike. Very rigid frame, the Bike is like a TMAX Jr. I have riddent the bike about 2500 miles and am impressed with the suspension, tires, Keyless ignition and am learning from the previous postings. My previous rides have been Burgman 650 & 400, Yamaha Majesty, Piaggio MP3 250ie, Honda Silverwing, Kymco Bet&Win 250, People S200, SYM HD 200, Vespa GL200. I have ridden in five states. This bike handles well in slushy snow. The Scooter Smart tires are good in snow and rain. The traction control and ABS have saved me a few times. I love the larger diameter tires of this scooter. The bike handles pot holes well and I would be comfortable riding on an unpaved county road. This scooter is setting Europe on fire. Honda has revamped the Forza to compete with this scooter. I will enclose a video of the new bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_bft1YBcmg

Back to the XMAX 300, the XMAX 300 is setting the trend in scooter design in 2018 just like the Burgman 400 did in 2007. I hope that Honda brings in the Forza, SH300i, Integra and X-ADV to the US. This is the best scooter that I've purchased in 10 years. So far I have purchased a Givi Top Case, Tucano Urbano Leg Cover, the USB plug (not a good buy) and heated grips.
Aloha,
Al

2016 Piaggio BV 350
User avatar
alloo
Super Poster
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:11 12
Location: Denver, CO

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby ericroadking » Fri Apr 20, 2018 14:29 14

alloo wrote:I have owned the Yamaha XMAX 300 since late November. I am the first in Colorado. I don't own a car and this is my main wheels. I am very impressed with this bike. Very rigid frame, the Bike is like a TMAX Jr. I have riddent the bike about 2500 miles and am impressed with the suspension, tires, Keyless ignition and am learning from the previous postings. My previous rides have been Burgman 650 & 400, Yamaha Majesty, Piaggio MP3 250ie, Honda Silverwing, Kymco Bet&Win 250, People S200, SYM HD 200, Vespa GL200. I have ridden in five states. This bike handles well in slushy snow. The Scooter Smart tires are good in snow and rain. The traction control and ABS have saved me a few times. I love the larger diameter tires of this scooter. The bike handles pot holes well and I would be comfortable riding on an unpaved county road. This scooter is setting Europe on fire. Honda has revamped the Forza to compete with this scooter. I will enclose a video of the new bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_bft1YBcmg

Back to the XMAX 300, the XMAX 300 is setting the trend in scooter design in 2018 just like the Burgman 400 did in 2007. I hope that Honda brings in the Forza, SH300i, Integra and X-ADV to the US. This is the best scooter that I've purchased in 10 years. So far I have purchased a Givi Top Case, Tucano Urbano Leg Cover, the USB plug (not a good buy) and heated grips.


Al,

Thanks for the reply! I'm just starting my Xmax journey and thought I would share my thoughts on here. Why was the USB plug a poor buy? Is it the kit that attaches to the handlebar clamp cover? I'm glad to hear another person is enjoying this scoot at I believe it to be a excellent buy.

Eric
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
ericroadking
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 10
Location: Spotsylvania, VA

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby minimac » Fri Apr 20, 2018 15:36 15

Welcome ̶V̶i̶r̶g̶i̶n̶i̶a̶n̶,I mean ericroadking, glad to see you here. IINM, there very well may be an oil screen that should be checked on the bottom of the engine case. There's one on the bottom of the Majesty, even though it has a real filter, too.
User avatar
minimac
Turbo Poster
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:50 07
Location: Oswego,NY & Leesburg Fl

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby ericroadking » Fri Apr 20, 2018 15:42 15

minimac wrote:Welcome ̶V̶i̶r̶g̶i̶n̶i̶a̶n̶,I mean ericroadking, glad to see you here. IINM, there very well may be an oil screen that should be checked on the bottom of the engine case. There's one on the bottom of the Majesty, even though it has a real filter, too.


Hiya minimac! I so wish I could change my name on here. I opened this account what? 11 years ago. lol Thanks for the heads up!

Eric
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
ericroadking
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 10
Location: Spotsylvania, VA

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby gruntled » Fri Apr 20, 2018 16:29 16

That 31.1" seat height turns me off. Why do they make it so that you need a ladder to climb on it? You can flat foot it but can someone who is 5' 10"?
A lower seat would also have the same effect as having a higher windshield & I believe make it handle better in high winds.
How are the air filters (how many, placement & ease of replacement)? How visible are the instruments in bright sunlight? I have great difficulty seeing them on my Majesty. Can you see anything but your shoulders in the mirrors? Is there a center stand?
I have over 94,000 miles on my Majesty & I am interested in this bike but I have a hunch the out the door price will turn me off.
User avatar
gruntled
Insane Poster
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 23:20 23
Location: sun city kalifornia

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby ericroadking » Fri Apr 20, 2018 17:47 17

gruntled wrote:That 31.1" seat height turns me off. Why do they make it so that you need a ladder to climb on it? You can flat foot it but can someone who is 5' 10"?
A lower seat would also have the same effect as having a higher windshield & I believe make it handle better in high winds.
How are the air filters (how many, placement & ease of replacement)? How visible are the instruments in bright sunlight? I have great difficulty seeing them on my Majesty. Can you see anything but your shoulders in the mirrors? Is there a center stand?
I have over 94,000 miles on my Majesty & I am interested in this bike but I have a hunch the out the door price will turn me off.


I'll try to answer your questions.
- Seat, I have no idea why on the height but I'm 6"4" so it's a non issue for me, actually a treat as my knees aren't banging on the bars
- If you want the Xmax, look into having the seat cushion lowered a bit, buy boots with a decent heal on them and have a cobbler add mor (my mother did for 50 years of riding and she was 5'0"
- Too soon to tell on how dirty and how fast the air filters need replaced, there are 4 air filters and below is what the service manual states
* Air filer element (replace every 12,000 miles)
* Pre-air filter element ( clean every 12,000 miles)
* Sub-air filter element (replace every 12,000 miles)
* V-belt case air filter element (clean every 12,000 miles)
- Instruments are very visible to me in direct sunlight, this is subjective as how far back and how high you sit on the seat will provide different results
- The mirrors are superb and offer no view of my shoulders
- Yes, it comes with a center stand and a kick stand
- Shop around and be willing to travel to purchase, this scoot can be had at or under $5,500 OTD excluding your state taxes and tag (varies from state to state) there are dealers that will waive or not even charge for freight, prep and doc fee

Congrats on 94k on your majesty! I believe you have gotten your monies worth out of it!

Eric
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
ericroadking
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 10
Location: Spotsylvania, VA

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby gruntled » Sat Apr 21, 2018 0:53 00

I live in the Demokratik People's Republik of Kalifornia so we have few options to shop around as we can not buy out of state. The dealers know that & stick it to us.
Today I found what may work out to be an acceptable deal. There were two new 2016 400 Bergmans @ $5999 plus $210 shipping & $350 added dealer markup.
I am leaving for Laughlin on Monday & when I get back I am going to see if I can get them to sharpen their pencil a bit. Maybe I could get them to drop the ADM if I bought an extended warranty at some reasonable price & maybe get a discount on parts & labor. I don't expect to get much of a trade-in for my Majesty but I can try. Of course I will expect to use a credit card from which I get a 2% rebate.
User avatar
gruntled
Insane Poster
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 23:20 23
Location: sun city kalifornia

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby RJ64 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:34 06

I went to look at this scoot in January. 90 mile trip, but worth it. I wish it had a bigger 'glove' box that locks, because I carry all kind of stuff for emergencies and the like. Even an air compressor and tire repair kit. I'm a key-fob lover. There is nothing quite like being all geared up and ready to roll, when you find the key is still in your pocket. Dang. But anyway, I appreciate all the info on this scoot that you posted. I'm trying really hard to not buy one yet, but......we will see what happens. White is not my fav color on a scoot, but it sure looks good on this one.
2005 Yamaha Majesty "Blue Streak" - Darksiding since 11-02-2016
2007 Honda VTX 1800 N "The Beast" - Darksiding since 11-25-2016
2013 Honda Rebel "Franken-Rebel"
Jesus. That's How I Roll
User avatar
RJ64
Super Poster
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 21:04 21
Location: Sanford, NC

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby ericroadking » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:17 08

gruntled wrote:I live in the Demokratik People's Republik of Kalifornia so we have few options to shop around as we can not buy out of state. The dealers know that & stick it to us.
Today I found what may work out to be an acceptable deal. There were two new 2016 400 Bergmans @ $5999 plus $210 shipping & $350 added dealer markup.
I am leaving for Laughlin on Monday & when I get back I am going to see if I can get them to sharpen their pencil a bit. Maybe I could get them to drop the ADM if I bought an extended warranty at some reasonable price & maybe get a discount on parts & labor. I don't expect to get much of a trade-in for my Majesty but I can try. Of course I will expect to use a credit card from which I get a 2% rebate.


Good luck! I hope you get it.

RJ64 wrote:I went to look at this scoot in January. 90 mile trip, but worth it. I wish it had a bigger 'glove' box that locks, because I carry all kind of stuff for emergencies and the like. Even an air compressor and tire repair kit. I'm a key-fob lover. There is nothing quite like being all geared up and ready to roll, when you find the key is still in your pocket. Dang. But anyway, I appreciate all the info on this scoot that you posted. I'm trying really hard to not buy one yet, but......we will see what happens. White is not my fav color on a scoot, but it sure looks good on this one.


Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I have more to share when I get a moment today, I'll update this thread. I also have a few ideas regarding the color.
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
ericroadking
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 10
Location: Spotsylvania, VA

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby ericroadking » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:31 08

Here's some graphics that are available at a reasonable price of $123 U.S. tyd, from mild to wild...
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yamaha-X-MAX-XM ... Uv&vxp=mtr

Image
Image
Image
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
ericroadking
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 10
Location: Spotsylvania, VA

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby ericroadking » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:34 08

I was out buzzing around today and just about burned up the first tank of gas. 77.9 mpg and on my last bar on the gauge that should start blinking soon. So as of now roughly 200 mile range on a tank.
Image

If this info is of any consideration for folks decision, here's my total cost per year for the Xmax for insurance. Full coverage listed below for $106.96 per year, it's pretty inexpensive to insure to me.

Bodily Injury Liability $100,000/$300,000
Property Damage Liability $50,000
Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury $100,000/$300,000
Uninsured Motorist Property Damage $50,000
Comprehensive $250 Ded.
Collision $250 Ded.
Towing and Labor Non Deductible

Image
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
ericroadking
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 10
Location: Spotsylvania, VA

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby RJ64 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:07 09

What insurance company is that? Mine is higher on my Majesty, and that's even with two rides with Progressive.
2005 Yamaha Majesty "Blue Streak" - Darksiding since 11-02-2016
2007 Honda VTX 1800 N "The Beast" - Darksiding since 11-25-2016
2013 Honda Rebel "Franken-Rebel"
Jesus. That's How I Roll
User avatar
RJ64
Super Poster
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 21:04 21
Location: Sanford, NC

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby ericroadking » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:14 09

RJ64 wrote:What insurance company is that? Mine is higher on my Majesty, and that's even with two rides with Progressive.


Allstate
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
ericroadking
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 10
Location: Spotsylvania, VA

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby RJ64 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:18 09

I'm gonna check them out. Renewal is coming up. Thanx!
2005 Yamaha Majesty "Blue Streak" - Darksiding since 11-02-2016
2007 Honda VTX 1800 N "The Beast" - Darksiding since 11-25-2016
2013 Honda Rebel "Franken-Rebel"
Jesus. That's How I Roll
User avatar
RJ64
Super Poster
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 21:04 21
Location: Sanford, NC

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby Umbrianissimo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:03 12

Great reviews, comments and photos, thanks! I hope the scoot does well in NA. It does indeed look a bit like a mini TMax.
2012 TMax 530 in sparkly white, 2017 V-Strom 650 also in spiffy white
"I think that god, in making man, somewhat overestimated his abilities' Oscar Wilde.
Umbrianissimo
Active Member
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:47 12
Location: Vancouver BC

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby gruntled » Sat Apr 21, 2018 15:32 15

That is a great price on the insurance. I pay $76/yr on the Majesty but that's just for the PL & PD. I found that is the minimum they will charge & you can jack up the limits quite a bit without increasing the cost. $15,000 coverage costs the same as $250,000. It's hardly worth insuring the bike itself since it is 13 years old with over 94,000 miles.
User avatar
gruntled
Insane Poster
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 23:20 23
Location: sun city kalifornia

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby alloo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 17:12 17

ericroadking wrote:
alloo wrote:I have owned the Yamaha XMAX 300 since late November. I am the first in Colorado. I don't own a car and this is my main wheels. I am very impressed with this bike. Very rigid frame, the Bike is like a TMAX Jr. I have riddent the bike about 2500 miles and am impressed with the suspension, tires, Keyless ignition and am learning from the previous postings. My previous rides have been Burgman 650 & 400, Yamaha Majesty, Piaggio MP3 250ie, Honda Silverwing, Kymco Bet&Win 250, People S200, SYM HD 200, Vespa GL200. I have ridden in five states. This bike handles well in slushy snow. The Scooter Smart tires are good in snow and rain. The traction control and ABS have saved me a few times. I love the larger diameter tires of this scooter. The bike handles pot holes well and I would be comfortable riding on an unpaved county road. This scooter is setting Europe on fire. Honda has revamped the Forza to compete with this scooter. I will enclose a video of the new bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_bft1YBcmg

Back to the XMAX 300, the XMAX 300 is setting the trend in scooter design in 2018 just like the Burgman 400 did in 2007. I hope that Honda brings in the Forza, SH300i, Integra and X-ADV to the US. This is the best scooter that I've purchased in 10 years. So far I have purchased a Givi Top Case, Tucano Urbano Leg Cover, the USB plug (not a good buy) and heated grips.


Al,

Thanks for the reply! I'm just starting my Xmax journey and thought I would share my thoughts on here. Why was the USB plug a poor buy? Is it the kit that attaches to the handlebar clamp cover? I'm glad to hear another person is enjoying this scoot at I believe it to be a excellent buy.

Eric


It's useless as a phone holder, which I thought that it would be good as. It's a kit available from Yamaha. I wish Yamaha would import the luxury seat, tall windshield, and leg cover.
Aloha,
Al

2016 Piaggio BV 350
User avatar
alloo
Super Poster
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:11 12
Location: Denver, CO

Re: 2018 Xmax 300 short term review

Postby 90GTVert » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:18 06

Just wanted to say thanks for the effort in the review.
User avatar
90GTVert
Active Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 9:46 09
Location: Preston, MD

Next

Return to Other Yamaha scooters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

MajestyUSA.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on MajestyUSA.com is generated by its users and MajestyUSA.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.