Adding a power outlet to a Majesty 400

An area for posting step by step instructions on "How to" for the scooters. Ex: oil change.

Moderator: Site Moderators

Re: Adding a power outlet to a Majesty 400

Postby DonoVain » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:06 03

Thank you very much for the descriptive installation information for the power outlet. I bought mine at Radio Shack for $9 (Enercell 12 VDC Power Accessory Outlet). It took me about 2 ½ hours to install because I wanted the unit to look as if it was installed when you buy the scooter.

I removed the windshield, instrument panel and dashboard. If you review the pic, you will notice that I used the outlet mounting plate. I mounted the plate with the double-sided tape and two small screws with nuts. I cut out a small square in the side plastic (the one that comes out with one screw holding it in). Then wired the hot and ground wire as instructed.
Attachments
Outlet ipod 2.jpg
DonoVain

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Postby JesseD » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:50 01

That looks so sweet.....
Im so going to plan this mod out......
It will take me awhile....Im so not the electronic/mechanic type!
JesseD

Postby eriktaylor » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:12 09

I noticed the post about saying the original instructions had us wiring the positive to the fuel injector wire? Well after I did this I noticed the scoot takes a few extra seconds to turn over, since I hooked my positive to the original far right (red) wire on the 2nd harness from the right. Has anyone else noticed this "side effect?" Is there another wire I could tap into to give this outlet the juice without potentially effecting the dependability/power of the scooter?
eriktaylor

Postby eriktaylor » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:51 08

Is there anything possibly dangerous or problem causing by having the positive hooked to the battery to always have the outlet hot? I'm not going to run anything other than a cell phone/GPS off of it, and it'll always be running (the bike) while the outlet is in use. I just want to eliminate blowing a fuse or hurting the fuel injection system.
eriktaylor

Postby RJ64 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 21:25 21

I know this thread is ancient and all, but, I just finished putting in an outlet in the same place. Even used the same power outlet from radio shack. Still $8, too. Sweet. Instead of tapping into the power wire the OP used, I went with the main hot wire from the battery. It runs in a harness just below all the relays. I wanted to have power at all times and be able to use my little air compressor if needed. Looks pretty when it's finished. The supplied wire connector with the power outlet wont work on that wire because the gauge is much larger. While I was in there, I found out why my windshield seemed loose. Because it was. It almost came off because the screws were so loose. Glad to clear that up as well. For anyone looking to do this mod it's very simple to do. I can charge the battery from there as well, if needed. Have fun!
2005 Yamaha Majesty "Blue Streak" - Darksiding since 11-02-2016
2007 Honda VTX 1800 N "The Beast" - Darksiding since 11-25-2016
2013 Honda Rebel "Franken-Rebel"
Jesus. That's How I Roll
RJ64
Super Poster

Postby jzarech » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:24 08

Thanks for the post -- I loved where you put the cigarette lighter. But I changed the wiring a tad. Here's my version of the install on YouTube -- again thanks so much --

https://youtu.be/wCHKsvKYfog

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, etc...

Happy Riding!
jzarech

Previous

Return to How To