Seat comfort, and raising riding height

This category is reserved for anyone to write a full review on any aftermarket product for the Majesty Scooter.

Moderator: Site Moderators

Seat comfort, and raising riding height

Postby Cal2wheels » Thu May 11, 2017 23:52 23

First I went to the local Cycle Gear, and you can get a Speedmetal seat pad, but there is a cheaper one for this double project report. I bought a wide one to fit my Majesty about seat width, often for sale around $25. It looks like a plastic bunch of firm coiled filaments, like an afro in a cushion !! Stop here if you just want a bit more comfort, the Velcro straps fit perfectly under the Majestys seat. Small raise, but worth the price in cushion.

If you want it higher, slit it crossways under the back side, carefully. Then trace some 1/4 in or thinner firm foam sheets to fit inside and carefully place under the springy stuff. I cut a marine seat cushion open for the sheets it had several sheets of sheet foam, just be sure they are firm so you get the amount of raise desired. After you pack the cushion, put a strip of Gorilla Tape to close the cut. Simple and allows your butt to slide back over close to 2 inches, and up by about an inch or so. This is a definite knee room improvement for taller riders, and makes hot seat summer days easier. Helps those with aftermarket hip joints, ah yep !!

Now, your helmet is also higher for clearer air flow, and the raise with set back allows my long legs (42 X 32 jeans ) to have more clearance under the controls. In riding, either raised or stock height, the seat is noticeably more comfortable on any trips and cooler in warm weather. The raise is worth the effort, and the first one got sold with my previous ride was noticed by the new owner. He made one of a size to fit his wife for her seat too.
Personal thanks to the repair masters of Majesty 400 riders, you are appreciated --- Sincerely, Cal
Cal2wheels

Location: South of Eugene, in the hill country outside Creswell Oregon

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: Seat comfort, and raising riding height

Postby de dee » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:28 01

I recovered my seat with rebond foam the best for motorcycle seats , buy it on line not available localy, I raised my seat 4 inches and moved the but stop back 5 inches , had to cut the seat pan bulge out, the part over hemet, area, now can ride for 10 hours all day and still able to walk after, the rebond foam is firm 10 Lb. rated, available in all sizes,
de dee

Postby cystokid » Wed Jan 17, 2018 19:06 19

Thanks DeDee for the info on the foam. I'll take advantage of it!
cystokid

Postby Cal2wheels » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:19 11

A bit more on riding seat height. I got a foam cored boat seat cushion from Goodwill, or cheapo marine place. It has several closed cell 1/4 in. sheets inside, to trace the shape from. I just added enough more for over an inch raise, even better . Do NOT use Gorilla Tape, as I thought and did. it will ooze out sticky goop that is a bugger to remove, which I did !!! Does keep the cushion in place though. After more padding, I re-closed the slit with ordinary cloth strapping tape for heavier packages, then put clear package tape over that just in case. Clear tape is much thinner, so no more thicker Gorilla type adhesive to melt in the heat and goop the cover up. I used "Sunnyside paint thinner" from Bi Mart, and a toothbrush to remove gorilla adhesive residue, from an older (less solvent) can.
Personal thanks to the repair masters of Majesty 400 riders, you are appreciated --- Sincerely, Cal
Cal2wheels

Location: South of Eugene, in the hill country outside Creswell Oregon

Postby minimac » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:57 09

I had to go the opposite way-lower the seat. I removed the padded seat from the hard plastic seat pan(four bolts underneath) and then added foam only where I felt I needed it. I then recovered it with a little over a yard of marine vinyl from the local fabric store. It lowered the seat height by 1 1/2"-2", and put my legs and hips at a much more comfortable position. Instead of sitting on my Majesty, I now feel like I'm sitting IN it. I too have a 32" inseam and have plenty of room and clearance, whether I sit upright or slightly reclined.
minimac
Turbo Poster

Postby minimac » Sat Nov 10, 2018 20:13 20

Just as an addendum to my previous post- I recently had to do a 3,000mile trip on the Majesty with the lowered seat. At one of my stops, I found an early Air Hawk seat cushion at a yard sale. I purchased it for $10. With very minimal air in the bladder, and my already lowered seat, the trip was made in great comfort.The stock touring windshield provided excellent wind and rain visibility and protection due to the much lower seating position than stock.
minimac
Turbo Poster

Return to Member reviews of aftermarket products.