Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

Tire Install Cost

12K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  alaskaguy 
#1 ·
Well, for front and rear, dealer quoted me $50 on bike, $130 off bike.

I'm inclined to think that for $80, it's worth making removal and replacement of the wheels someone else's problem.

What's the word?

#27 ·
#29 ·
In other news - on the ride to work this morning I was thinking about it and I realized that I'm now on my 4th front and 5th rear tire:

Front: OEM, Metzler Feel Free Wintec x 2, Metzler Feel Free

Rear: OEM, Metzler Feel Free Wintec x 2, OEM, Metzler Feel Free

That's at 34,000 miles - with the rear brand new and the front put on maybe 2000-3000 miles ago. So, that comes out to an average of 11,300 miles for the front tire and 8,500 miles for the rear tire. Just FYI for me, and anyone else looking for such info.

#30 ·
Replacing front and rear pads at 41,247 miles.

Looks like rear pads were last changed on 8/10/18 @ 35,951 miles, probably when I last changed that tire. Pads have life on them - but I'm changing them anyway.

Also replacing front and rear tires at 41,247 miles.
Changing my oil too.
No one cares - I just post it here so I can refer back to it later if I want to.

That is a big hit to my average, dropping the from to 8250 miles/tire and the back to 6875 miles/tire.

Rear tire had a 24 hour leak and I got tired of putting air in it. Otherwise could have made it through the rest of the season since I am not planning to go anywhere...same for the front. But I figured screw it, I have the tires here - why push my luck? Since I had the tires off, I looked at pads. I could probably push my luck there too - but pads are cheap, so why not?

Supposed to to be $25/tire (loose) to install my tires.

So, new tires and pads, front and back @ 41,247 on 24 July 2020.

Brake version of this thread: https://www.majestyusa.com/forums/viewt ... 63#p309463

#33 ·
OK...some corrections. I did not replace the rear brakes on 8/10/2018 on the TMAX. The picture I found was for my wife's car :)

Since owning my scooter, which has 41,247 miles on it, I have:

• replaced my front tire four times[/*]
  • replaced my rear tire 5 times[/*]
  • replaced my front brakes 3 times[/*]
  • my rear brakes twice[/*]
In that time, I have replaced all the brake pads and both tires at the same time only once (my most recent maintenance).

I decided I did not want to rely on this forum anymore for my records - since it is so dead I figure it could go away at any time. So I went through the threads, my pictures and my order history on various websites to construct an accurate history in a spreadsheet. I'll maintain that on my computer. But for anyone who has been following along - the following is confirmed to be correct:

https://www.majestyusa.com/forums/viewt ... 63#p309481

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.