Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

why you never believe the owner you buy off

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  pellicle 
#1 ·
I bought my T-Max, of an Italian fellow who dribbled on about how it was his baby and his love and how he lavished attention on it ... perhaps what he meant was he went out and talked to it and washed it.

He always took it a mechanic (another Italian) who was really good with everything from Vespa's through to Ducacti. But everything I've found when I pull down this bike shows that the guy was either ripping his mate off or both were in the "know".

Since I was just doing the belt I thought I'd do the oil in the chain swingarm. Here is how that looked:

FFS ... this is all a testimony as to how tough these bikes are that they can stand abuse like this.

That warm feeling you get talking to the seller ... its the piss he's doing in your pocket

So when you get your "new" bike, just act as if its never seen any service ... like ever.

#4 ·
sk8norcal said:
how many km when u bought the bike?
94,000 ... "just fully serviced"

;-)

I don't feel ripped off or that I paid too much ... but I literally (having serviced my and my friends bikes for some 30 years) have not seen oil as bad as that ... I would expect if I'd changed it when I got it (I've only done 10,000 or so) it would have looked the same

#6 ·
alaskaguy said:
Why would I believe anyone who is trying to get rid of something, and trying to get me to take it off their hands for them?
while one must to some extent trust others, I posted this just as a reminder ... my Dad was a used car dealer, so I usually take everything with a grain of salt. I go by "how it seems" and change / inspect things in order of importance. So I did the engine oil / filter the week I got it ... and again when the light lit (or insignificant hard to see LCD segment started blinking ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.