Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

Push button fuel cap

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  alaskaguy 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The Tmax 500 fuel cap, P/N 54K-24602-00-00, has been superseded in the parts catalog by the Tmax 530 fuel cap, P/N 54K-2406-10-00. IT WILL FIT! :D

#6 ·
I just did, too! 8)

#8 ·
They shipped mine also...

#9 ·
I also ordered one and got a tracking number pretty promptly. 10 days ago it was in the outgoing mail from Taiwan. So, somewhere over the pacific now?

#10 ·
alaskaguy said:
Ordered, thanks.
Mine arrived at my PO Box on the 7th. I just went and got it today. So, that's, uh, 11 days from order to delivery.

Initial impressions are that I like it! You just push it on to lock it in place, you don't have to turn or twist it or anything. And just push button to take it off. Works pretty slick.

I got to use it right away too, as my next stop after PO Box was to get gas anyway. Works good! May take a little getting used to, not having to use the key and just pushing it on rather than it having to be in any particular position.

Pro Tip: keeping the original one in the belly compartment now, until I am satisfied I will not have any issues with the new one.

#11 ·
Got mine, also. Fits and works GREAT! 8)

#12 ·
Argh, Ordered my 23 Aug and still waiting.... It'll be the rainy season here before I get the thing, and I won't be pushing its button until spring.

#14 ·
When I see a Tmax now, I will get out my siphon hose and get some "free gas". :mrgreen: :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.