Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

replaced my fuel pump

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Twisted Martini 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi

was pretty easy. The give away is that there was no "sound" when first turning the key. Full write up on my blog:
http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2018/09/t- ... actus.html

I got the pump by itself from eBay for $50 and the assembly can be pulled apart and the motor changed out (if you're not all thumbs and work patiently and carefully).

fuelPump-fig2.jpg

One can get at everything by just lifting the seat and no body work needs to be removed (on my 2006 model)

IMG_20180924_142728.jpg

not hard to do. See blog for details

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
funkycowie said:
I haven't seen any body having to do a pump replacement on 2014+ models yet.
I'll assume that the current owners won't have their bikes by 2024 ... and really ... I don't think Yamaha cares much about what happens to 10 year old bikes (actually, perhaps the opposite ... they don't want them being around an reliable alternatives :)

#4 ·
As someone who's changed out the motor first, and then the whole damn fuel assembly; there is nothing easy to repair on the type III Tmaxes. You have body panels and parts spread all over the place.

#5 ·
bigwheelsturning said:
...You have body panels and parts spread all over the place.
its a trend I'm seeing with a few automotive things. Its nothing I like and I expect that if I need to find "another ride" when this one dies (meaning a non repairable proposition) I'll probably (regrettably) go look for something else entirely, because I *really* don't like the way the new T-Maxes are going. For instance I ride a few dirt and gravel roads and the change to a belt is just a dumb idea.

#6 ·
I just did the one on my 2009 a few weeks away, took about 4 hours. Design for serviceability doesn't exist for Yamaha. Originally got bit by the fever in 2011 when I bought it, and the dealer replaced under warranty. Got me again a few times this summer in fever conditions so I decided to take the plunge. Next time I get the Dremel out and make the teaser opening bigger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.