Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

All our Tmax Seat Struts DIE, so....

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Sku-Torr 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Is there a BETTER solution than just replacing them? I already did once, with new OEM for around $40, and they are dead again. Great. Went to TBSS to order their much stronger seat struts but found THIS:

https://taiwanbigscootershop.com/blogs/ ... on-air-rod

17098550_1652843754733026_3601816470232215602_n_1_1024x1024.jpg

Yep, an added SPRING kit for $29 to cure it forever! ordered it and it's on it's way. I'll let you all know how it goes...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
2 minutes to remove them and the spring install is BRILLIANT! 8)

#5 ·
alaskaguy said:
Sku-Torr said:
2 minutes to remove them and the spring install is BRILLIANT! 8)
Is that a prediction or a review?

When I replaced my seat struts, I had to destroy them in the process of getting them off.
I cannot vouch for the 2 minutes, I think that it would take me closer to 10.
However, not sure why you would destroy the seat struts in getting them off, for this add-on at least.
You only need to disconnect the bottom end, held on by the circlip, to be able to add the spring and clips.
I think I shall try it, as my seat struts are rather tired.

Attachments

#6 ·
WayneTalbot said:
However, not sure why you would destroy the seat struts in getting them off, for this add-on at least.
I dunno about about that add-on. But when I replaced my OEM struts, the only way I found to get them off was to destroy them. If I remember correctly, I cut them off with an angle grinder. I assume I would have to do the same thing to get the current ones off, but I don't really know since I've not yet tried to get them off.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Kit arrived today, gorgeous machining, total time to install, start to finish; 15 minutes... :roll:

Super easy to remove; one clip below and a 12mm nut on top. That's IT, one minute per side. Then remove the decal, slide on the upper collar, then spring, then lower collar (in which you had installed the three retaining set screws). Turn upside-down on bench, push down and compress new spring assembly onto strut with suitable tool (I used a big socket) so that the set screws line-up with the groove in the strut, and snug all three down evenly. DONE! Re-install, and do the same to the other side. ONE alone could hold the seat up all the way, with both installed , the seat stayed up with two large bath towels on it. Amazing Accessory!

Seat Spring Kit.JPG

Kit Assembled.JPG

Big Socket Tool.JPG

4 Times Stronger!.JPG

All Done.JPG

Attachments

#12 ·
Twisted Martini said:
So they go over the dead strut with the spring? And you don't have to take any plastic off to install?
NOPE! Just R&R the dead struts and install the helper spring. Easy Peasy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.