Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

BLUE MAX breaks cover

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  pellicle 
#1 ·
At last finished the upgrade of my 2014 TMax 530, purchased in June with 9135 kms on the clock.
Need to have the brake bleeding completed by my local shop, as my device quit at an inconvenient time, but otherwise is ready to roll.
Being conservative, and afraid to be without brakes in full working order, I will not be trying it out until next weeks after the brakes are done.
Will report on the Matris suspension and Malossi variator after that.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I have posted many more pics on the Yamaha TMax Facebook page, as I haven't figured out how to post multiple photos on this site.
Would recommend joining this group as there are lots of interesting posts concerning the TMax, and there are far more contributors than here.

Other than the new paint job in blue and gold, and the blue accessory bits all over, the upgrades were Malossi variator, Matris suspension front and rear, LED replacement lights throughout, dashcam front and rear with the screen stowed in the luggage compartment (have no desire to be distracted by it whilst riding), socket for charging the battery, wiring for Garmin GPS - just a cheap Nuvi, LED driving lights on lower front forks, my own design and build backrest, and the TARDIS in the back of the seat rest because I can, being a Dr Who fan and having built a full size model complete with lights, sounds, and lots of tricky electrics inside.

Don't ask me how much it all cost, because I don't really want to know, but I was lucky with the paint job.
Quotes I received for the body parts and wheels were around $3000 from various smash repairers, but I found a guy who is allowed by his employer to do personal work on weekends, and it cost me only $550 for him to do it. Amazing.

#4 ·
Wayne:

Which specific Matris parts did you upgrade to?

Neil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.