Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

Get out and RIDE, bitches!

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  minimac 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Found myself doing too much work around the house on weekends before the Winter kicks in, and fixing-up the Tmax rather than RIDING IT. Today I said "Screw it!" and went for a 112 mile jaunt through the mountains above Bass Lake. Found the connecting road that traverses the mountain at 6,000-7,000 feet elevation and closes after the first big snowfall. Incredible ride!

Watch for Seasonal Traffic...
Watch for Traffic.JPG

Hidden Beauty of a Road
The Connecting Road.JPG

Empty the Whole Way
40 Miles EmptyJPG.JPG

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
We have a ride this Friday down to Palmer Lake CO if the weather holds. Great little place where you can cook your own steak, ;ast time I dusted a 14 oz NY strip for like 15 bucks. We ride all year round out here.

#4 ·
Sunny today and supposed to hit 12 deg C. (Can't remember what that would be in F). Rode to work and I just wanted to keep going all day. Likely have a few more days this weekend, then it will be too miserable and wet and cold to want to venture out, I suspect.

Must retire to someplace with better year-round scooter weather.

#5 ·
To convert to F, multiply by 1.8 and then add 32.

So, 12 x 1.8 = 21.6 + 32 = 53.6 degrees. Chill, but still nice with warm gear...

#6 ·
I had my last ride of the season here on 3 November. It was 37 F / 3 C. I skipped the scoot, and did it on a touring bike with heated grips. 93 miles / 150 kms, using heated socks and heated grips, winter gloves, neck muff, thermals, jeans, overpants, sweatshirt, lined textile jacket, and a windbreaker.

It was fun. But on the Maj I would have had less wind protection and unheated grips. :(

#7 ·
I think you guys need to toughen up a bit. I was out on the Majesty the other day. Snow covered the ground( about 8"), but streets were dry and clear. The temp was 27*F, but sunny. Kevlar lined riding jeans, a long sleeved tee under my First Gear Jaunt jacket, and some thinsulate lined leather gloves and the HJC full face. While most people stayed in, I took about a three hour ride into the country. It was beautiful, quiet, and no traffic. The only mods to the bike were the touring windshield and wind deflectors on the brake handles and the factory side deflectors.
Edit: Today its warming up to 39-41* so I'll be riding some more!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.