Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

Tmax primary shave align

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Smiley32 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, when I removed primary shave from my Tmax I did not make signs to mount in the same position, how I can realign it?
Is a problem if I do not align it? A with B? Thanks

484408B9-1048-4A4C-8C93-DB06883F133C.jpeg

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Smiley32 said:
Hi, when I removed primary shave from my Tmax I did not make signs to mount in the same position, how I can realign it?
Is a problem if I do not align it? A with B? Thanks

did you disassemble the sheave?

also are we talking about the primary or the secondary? The primary one has the weights, the secondary has the springs.

I'm assuming the secondary, which I have as yet not taken off. However both of mine (2002 and 2006) have had marks visible on the sheaves.

Not having done it I'm assuming that if there are no differences between the teeth on the shaft and how the sheave fits in (meaning any position of rotation fits) then I can only imagine its a "balance" thing of the sheave and the clutch (having worn in together).

If you have no marks and there are no pre-existing marks (give it a real careful look) and it fits at any orientation I'd say you've really go no choice but to put it in and cross your fingers mate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.