Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

anyone looking for a 2015 Tmax 530??

7K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  jraw92107 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Went to their website...it's a BMW dealer that probably took the Tmax530 in trade. Looks like its been sold... :cry:

#4 ·
buellboy9 said:
If they traded it in for one of those POS Scooters from BMW, they'll regret it shortly after the three year warranty expires. Been there, done that.
seems like BMW is taking over for the big scooter market in the US
(by big scooters, I mean engine in frame, 500cc and above)

the silverwing is gone
the tmax is gone
i believe burgman 650 wont have a 2019 model

I remember reading on FB, someone says annual sales for bmw scooters is @700 (which isnt a lot i think)
that number will probably go up due to their new c400x

I would like to try a C600sport just to see how it compares to the tmax...
i hear the later models have less issues..

#5 ·
They replaced the C600 sport with the C650 Sport which was MUCH better looking and more reliable with all the factory recalls/upgrades done. So, of course after ONE FRIGGIN' YEAR they stopped importing it. Just like Yamaha did TWICE with the Tmax. And like Kymco did after importing the Xciting 400iABS for ONE YEAR ALSO in 2018.

Big, heavy maxi-scooters are the ONLY things that sell in this ass-backwards country. Silverwing 600's. Burgman 650's. The Sport Maxis, like the Tmax 530, Kymco AK550, BMW C650 Sport, Honda ADV 750 and Integra 750 and the upcoming SYM MaxSym TL 500 will NEVER be here. The Gilera 800 and Aprilia SRV 850 never made it here, either. Maxi Sport scooters are an entire world-wide RABID market that is expanding and becoming more competitive with better offerings...which we will NEVER SEE. :cry:

#6 ·
Sku-Torr said:
They replaced the C600 sport with the C650 Sport which was MUCH better looking and more reliable with all the factory recalls/upgrades done.:
Yes, I meant the C650 sport. Yup better looking. Looks like the designer took a lot of cues from the tmax...

Sku-Torr said:
Big, heavy maxi-scooters are the ONLY things that sell in this ass-backwards country. Silverwing 600's. Burgman 650's.
Well, seems like C650GT have taken over...
(* 26 lbs difference between the GT and sport, 575 vs 549 lbs)

overall, it seems like the 400cc/300cc class are the more preferable maxis...

#7 ·
The BMW C650 Sport is still a bit porky. Here are the sport Maxi Weight Comparisons:

1.) BMW C650 Sport..........549 pounds
2.) Honda Integra 750........525 pounds
3.) Honda ADV 750............524 pounds
4.) Kymco AK 550..............498 pounds (DRY)
5.) Tmax 530...................470-476 pounds

Tmax comes in at almost 15% lighter than the BMW. That's huge! It's also much newer technology across the board for everything out there BUT the BMW.

Ancient design BMW has:
1.) Dry Clutch (REALLY???)
2.) Scooter-style multiple chain drive
3.) non-LED lighting unless you pay EXTRA

Other bikes offer:
1.) cool adjustable windscreens that work, both manual and electric
2.) CRUISE CONTROL! 8)
3.) MUCH MORE storage underseat while riding
4.) 534% better reliability...

#8 ·
Nothing wrong with a dry clutch. The bike isn't nearly as finicky about what oil you use, unlike the 2009 TMAX which had very specific engine oil requirements. Too bad the BMW is about 534% less reliable than anything else on the planet.

I may be mistaken, but I THINK my 2019 XMAX has a dry clutch (at least, I think I remember seeing that in the specifications but I'm too lazy to go back and check right now).

#9 ·
buellboy9 said:
Nothing wrong with a dry clutch. The bike isn't nearly as finicky about what oil you use, unlike the 2009 TMAX which had very specific engine oil requirements. Too bad the BMW is about 534% less reliable than anything else on the planet.

I may be mistaken, but I THINK my 2019 XMAX has a dry clutch (at least, I think I remember seeing that in the specifications but I'm too lazy to go back and check right now).
The XMAX 300 does have a dry clutch. Pretty much every CVT scooter under 500cc does have a dry clutch.

My opinion is the dry clutch is good on scooters up to 400cc.

My Majesty 400 (I owned from 2010 to 2017) had a dry clutch. I had to remove the transmission cover every 12000km to clean out all the dust from the dry clutch. And the dry clutch would always rattle and clang and make funny noises, so I would replace the clutch shoes and springs to get it running quiet again. I reckon it just got too hot, being connected to a 400cc engine (quite powerful for that type of transmission)

No problem on my 2014 Tmax 530 with a wet clutch. I've now done 26000km with the Tmax and the orginal clutch is as good today as it was on the day I bought it. No sign of wear, and it still feels real tight, the way it engages once the engine is revved from a stand still.

Aaron

#12 ·
buellboy9 said:
Might be something to do with the design because every 200+ hp race bike on the planet uses a dry clutch. My 100hp, 850 lbs K1200LT also uses a dry clutch. I DID have to replace it at 180,000 miles though...
Does your K1200LT have clutch plates or clutch shoes ? I didn't realise big bikes used a dry clutch.

Although now I think about it, you do see the clutch spinning on the race bikes, and they don't seem to even have a cover at all.

Aaron

#14 ·
That's the secret, an automotive-style clutch is fine dry, but a dry clutch with shoes, like a set of drum brakes, is less than optimal. You have leading and trailing shoes, which self-wrap under application pressure. It's very hard to modulate and they wear quickly. Automotive dry clutches have relatively huge friction areas, with direct spring pressure through the pressure plate for smooth, controllable manual application. An automatic shoe-style dry clutch is just an inexpensive, externally installed add-on design. Once you hit higher torque and horsepower values in the larger maxis that use dry clutches (BMW C650, Aprilia/Gilera 850/800, Honda Silverwing 600) problems crop up that are absent in an equivalent bike with a wet clutch...
8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.