Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

RIP Blu Martini-looking for a new TMAX

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Sku-Torr 
#1 ·
So after almost 60k miles with no issues, fate caught up to me on 6/2 when a jackass in an SUV blew a stop sign and wrecked me hard. Broken left ankle, broken pelvis, compression fractures of tib and fib. Good Shoei helmet, gloves and armored jacket prevented any further damage.

3 surgeries later and feeling good, pain is gone, long heal and rehab coming. But of course i am already thinking about what i should get next. The 2009 TMAX fit me like a glove, but not sure I want a 10 yr old bike now. What other years were they released here in the US, what should i be looking to pay, etc. and what of the Kymco 500 that they teased a year or 2 ago?
Appreciate any opinions you have!

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Oh, CRAP! Sorry to hear about the crash!!! Have a speedy recovery and I hope you get a SHITLOAD of MONEY from the Asswipe who hit you!!!

They imported the Tmax 530 in 2015/16. 2015 is Asphalt Grey (!) and 2016 is a Matt Silver. Ugly and not as ugly.... :roll:

BUT!!! They make amazing body kits for the 2015-16 model, like the one my brother but on his 2012 after he laid it down. So, grab a low-mileage 2015 and spend around $500 on a body kit and it will be AMAZING!

Here are links to the kits:
https://www.amazon.com/Angel-moto-Plast ... 6fJ9I7rAaQ

6192kwVcZlL._SL1002_.jpg

Attachments

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
...or staying with BLUE:

71igzory2HL._SL1002_.jpg

Attachments

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.