Adjustable seat?

Don't be afraid to ask!

Moderator: Site Moderators

Adjustable seat?

Postby fieldho » Sun Apr 22, 2018 18:39 18

Just got a 2006 Majesty from my 6'4" neighbor. I was trying to dial the seat more to my 5'8" frame. I had trouble backing out the adjusting screws and, after several hours of soaking with spray silicone lubricant, I cranked down until I heard a loud crack. Now the screws are difficult to turn and I can't tell whether they are backing out or not but they are turning. What mechanism is inside the seat that the adj. bolts screw to. Could I have broken it. I'm considering going after it with a screw gun and see if I can back them out or should I start pulling staples to see what I have done? The scoot's in good shape for it's age and only has 7.4 miles on the clock. but there are a few rust spots on the hardware, possibly some inside the seat.
fieldho

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: Adjustable seat?

Postby Hip001 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:08 06

Did you pull the cover off the seat to se the problem?
In God we trust
2018 Xmax 4k miles
2007 Majesty 31k miles
2008 Morphous 20k miles
2005 Majesty Blue 18k miles......sold
2005 Royal Star Midnight Venture 50k miles......sold
2006 Morphous Blue.......sold
2006 Morphous Black.......sold
Piaggio MP3 250 ......sold
1986 Riva 180......sold
Hip001

Re: Adjustable seat?

Postby fieldho » Wed May 22, 2019 21:57 21

Cover will not come off without removing the screws I'm having trouble with. My final solution was to use a grinder on the heads of the two top screws until they heated up, approx. 1 1/2 min., and the heads pulled right through the plastic, enabling me to remove the seat pad. Now I can do what I needed to do to the seat pad. I can use the lower two screws to stabilize seat cover and I may rig some way to tie the back down or not since the seat cover base sits nicely into the trunk cover and doesn't shift around.
fieldho

Return to Newbie Questions!