Kick stand kill switch

Complaints on the Majesty. Please be constructive!

Moderator: Site Moderators

Kick stand kill switch

Postby QueenBee » Fri May 25, 2018 11:30 11

It's really nice to be able to warm up a bike before riding, usually while I'm futzing around with and tweaking gear, but of course with the Majesty, the bike won't start with the kickstand down. Minor bummer. The idea of warming it up on the center stand and then pushing it off and also climbing on the bike with no support seems like a good way to tip it over at some point. Maybe I'll try it in the privacy of the backyard.

Too bad the kick stand switch wasn't tied into the throttle instead so that as long as the bike was just idling, the stand could be down. But if the throttle was twisted at all the stand would have to be up. Well it's not a big deal - just a missed feature from my motorcycle.
QueenBee

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: Kick stand kill switch

Postby jggimi » Fri May 25, 2018 21:20 21

I use the center stand for T-CLOCS inspections and I agree, the warm up (in cold weather) is a nice capability. Rather than defeating the sensor, I straddle the bike while it is on its center stand, and then rock the bike forward to fold the stand while on it.
jggimi

Postby QueenBee » Sun May 27, 2018 16:07 16

I’m not tall/heavy enough to rock off the center stand but I did try standing to the side and rocking it down and then getting on. It worked but still seems like there’s potential to tip over if my form was off one day. Well it’s a small gripe anyway. I can live with it.
QueenBee

Postby Cal2wheels » Wed Jun 27, 2018 18:12 18

maybe a good fabricator could add a non sensor side stand on the other side ?? Another idea is a sliding hardware store box type of assembly that slides under the bike and contacts the lower frame, but allowing most (but not all) of the side stand angle. Then it's tipped just a bit, but not so far as the folding side stand.

However it's easy to use that center stand, and gives you a chance to check oil, tires pressure, before a ride. Good Luck, --- Cal
Personal thanks to the repair masters of Majesty 400 riders, you are appreciated --- Sincerely, Cal
Cal2wheels

Location: South of Eugene, in the hill country outside Creswell Oregon

Return to Gripes