Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

Adjustable seat?

63K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  minimac 
#1 ·
Just got a 2006 Majesty from my 6'4" neighbor. I was trying to dial the seat more to my 5'8" frame. I had trouble backing out the adjusting screws and, after several hours of soaking with spray silicone lubricant, I cranked down until I heard a loud crack. Now the screws are difficult to turn and I can't tell whether they are backing out or not but they are turning. What mechanism is inside the seat that the adj. bolts screw to. Could I have broken it. I'm considering going after it with a screw gun and see if I can back them out or should I start pulling staples to see what I have done? The scoot's in good shape for it's age and only has 7.4 miles on the clock. but there are a few rust spots on the hardware, possibly some inside the seat.

#2 ·
Did you pull the cover off the seat to se the problem?

#3 ·
Cover will not come off without removing the screws I'm having trouble with. My final solution was to use a grinder on the heads of the two top screws until they heated up, approx. 1 1/2 min., and the heads pulled right through the plastic, enabling me to remove the seat pad. Now I can do what I needed to do to the seat pad. I can use the lower two screws to stabilize seat cover and I may rig some way to tie the back down or not since the seat cover base sits nicely into the trunk cover and doesn't shift around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.