Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I get for looking.
I saw a New leftover Maj locally for $4800 out the door. Claiming a $1400 discount from a regular retail & prep being some $6200.
Wondering what others paid?
Is this good?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Congrats on your new scoot!!! What colour did you get?

I paid $5000 OTD including the 5yr unlimited mileage warranty. <not complaining here>

Just make sure you leave about 20 minutes extra time on each end of yout trips (even to the grocery store). EVERYONE will stop you to ask about your scoot! :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
I paid $5300 US plus tax for a used one with 1900 miles on it. Somebody should snap that up!

(And don't tell my wife.)

·
Registered
351 Posts
I paid $6209 out the door exactly one year ago ... dang that is a good deal! And I shopped around a pretty significant area. That was the best deal I could get around here at the time ... cash in hand and all!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Flex said:
This is what I get for looking.
I saw a New leftover Maj locally for $4800 out the door. Claiming a $1400 discount from a regular retail & prep being some $6200.
Wondering what others paid?
Is this good?
What are they smoking at 4800 otd?

Mine was 6k otd. Thats fair for Seattle area.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I bought mine used with 190 mi. on it for $4k., a great deal and one that I did not have to think twice about.

I'd say anything in the $4-5 k range is very good, esp. from a dealer, with warranty and all.

This is a substantial bike, and very easy to get $5k of fun out of...possibly on your first ride.! Consider the cost of the Porsche, Vette or Jag that would give you the same performance, and consider also the looks from drivers in cages at a stoplight:

Occasionally you will get the "Poor demented fool" look...but most often, and commonly from the overdressed business people, you will get a look of pure envy...for you ARE having much, much more fun than they, even if only riding to work.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I just got a $100 gas card from Yamaha... which I was NOT expecting.

That brings my OTD to $4950 for a new 2005 puchased in March of 06.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I bought my Galaxy Blue in January with 418 miles on it for $4,000.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I bought mine the middle of May of '06 an '05 charcoal ( much faster than the other sluggish colors) for 5580 OTD. If I had waited for an '06, I am sure it would have been close to a $1000 more...I am also sure the fuel price had something to do with this slightly higher price than others have paid. The dealers in my area, car or bike, don't discount much if at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts