Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 majesty 400 was leaking fuel around the fuel pump, the gasket was cracked and did not look good at all. When i did install the new gasket it did leak as bad as before and i had to use a ton of liquid gasket cement or whatever you call it in english to stop it from leaking. I did not install the gasket wrong cause that is not possible to do and there are markings on the fuel pump and the tank so you will line it up correct. The design is bad so that you do not get enough pressaure on the gasket to make a tight seal.
This is bad engineering, really bad. My country did not have a recall on the gasket so the yamaha service center would charge me $1500-2000 to repair it.
When you people did get your bikes recalled did they change both the fuel pump assy and the gasket?
I think this is going to be my last yamaha cause letting me pay for something that yamahas engineers have done wrong is pretty lame and a fuel leak is very dangerous.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
You don't say where you are but that recall here was very long ago. I do hope you are not talking U.S. Dollars because that sounds like at least ten times too much. I should hope your country has some type of agency that would make them repair it based on the recall.
As best I recall all they replaced was the gasket with a new type gasket.
Try the search feature at the right top of the page to find previous postings on this subject.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am from norway and yes i am talking in us $. This country has to have one of the worst services in the world, it is just so frustrating.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I know this is a very old topic, but could someone help me find a fuel pump gasket, some websites please.
I have the same issue with my yp400 2006.
Thank you.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Permatex Blue RTV Sealer or the Permatex Red Gasket Maker are your friends. They are available at almost any auto parts store.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Permatex Blue RTV Sealer or the Permatex Red Gasket Maker are your friends. They are available at almost any auto parts store.
The problem is I'm from Rmania and I would like to order online some gasket sealer.
Could you be more specific please on what Permatex should I look for?The 2 models you mentined have multiple products for each one of them.
I apreciate/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts