Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello,
New to the forum. I have enjoyed reading all the posts on the Majesty scooters. I am pretty much in the same category as you other guys. I'm coming up on 62 and bought a super clean 10k miles Majesty. I "kind of" bought it for my wife - but I have always been a little bit of a closet scooter admirer.
What a great machine ! It rides the two of us through the Black Hills with no problem. Surprises a lot of people when they see you zip off.
Did all the maintenance to get everything up to perfect. Kind of a pain to take all the plastics off to get to things but after the first time, I think it will be much easier in the future. Being a long time sport bike rider I am kind of use to removing plastics to get to the engine. I also have two other regular bikes, a Triumph Bonneville and Yamaha Tracer along with two other Yamaha ATV & UTV. Yamaha really builds high-quality machines, especially since the early 2000's. That's from a previous big Honda fan.

Neil

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Been getting 57.5 mpg regularly & I try to keep the rpms down just for fun to get more mpg, but doesn't seem to make alot of difference (I'm weighing about 210 on the bike).

I just ordered some MC goggles for my half helmet.
I can't find my old ones, must have given them away or I'll find them in the future somewhere.

I've been enjoying it more & more lately.
Really fun to use it to run errands: it's like buying 1 gallon of gas & getting a gallon free.
I had to make a 4 hour run for another hobby, but didn't use the bike b/c it's just too far to enjoy for my arthritis.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Black Hills Rider said:
Hello,
New to the forum. I have enjoyed reading all the posts on the Majesty scooters. I am pretty much in the same category as you other guys. I'm coming up on 62 and bought a super clean 10k miles Majesty. I "kind of" bought it for my wife - but I have always been a little bit of a closet scooter admirer.
What a great machine ! It rides the two of us through the Black Hills with no problem. Surprises a lot of people when they see you zip off.
Did all the maintenance to get everything up to perfect. Kind of a pain to take all the plastics off to get to things but after the first time, I think it will be much easier in the future. Being a long time sport bike rider I am kind of use to removing plastics to get to the engine. I also have two other regular bikes, a Triumph Bonneville and Yamaha Tracer along with two other Yamaha ATV & UTV. Yamaha really builds high-quality machines, especially since the early 2000's. That's from a previous big Honda fan.

Neil
I liked your comment about the "zip."
I remember when I went from a 250cc Honda Helix, I felt like a "sport" bike, ha ha!.
After 3 yrs. I put some different variators in (or whatever they were called), but it didn't really seem to make a discernable difference.
I was looking for some extra "off the line" zip.
I laugh looking back on it: I should have just bought the T-Max if I wanted more Zoom Zoom, but there always were too expensive for me tastes.
The zip in the 400 Majesty seems more than adequate for me needs at this point.

If price was no object & I had room in the garage, I'd try out the 3 wheelers like:
- Polaris Slingshot
- Can-Am Spyder

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I guess "Zip" is relative to being based on a scooter power. I ride my Yamaha Tracer and that has some "Rip" to it. Not the rip my R1 had but it goes pretty good.
It's just fun to ride the scooter and glad it has no trouble getting up and going. I don't want to be a hindrance to other drivers on the roads.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good to see folks checking in again. Still enjoying my 2006 MAJ at 76 years old and 38,000 miles. Just regular maintenance. A few sets of tires, belts, filters, etc.
When it's not winter or raining the Majesty is used for every errand that doesn't require the Tacoma. A 50 to 100 mile fun ride most every week or two. Group rides around Lake Superior (1,300 miles) in 2018 and 2019. Got four Iron Butt Saddle Sores in a few years back. Been to Sturgis and the Black Hills. Tail of the Dragon in 2014. Usually one 500-1,000 mile ride every year. Needless to say, I love my Majesty.
Planning to keep riding it until one of us falls apart.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi, guys...I took my Majesty over to Scottsbluff, NE via the backroads...about 35 miles...to go to the nearest Walmart. I'd been trying to run the gas out of it since I had topped off a half-tank of last year's gas for our ABATE Chapter's Memorial Day "Lost Brothers Run" back in May. On the way back, gauge got down to 1/8 tank & scooter started flashing the gas gauge..."I'M THIRSTY!!" Stopped in Morrill, NE to fuel up & have lunch.

73.67 mpg, & I ain't been cruising 50 mph, either. Of course, that's uncorrected mileage; many have said that the Maj's speedo (& odometer, too, perhaps?) is about 10% "optimistic." Will check speed & distance with my GPS App, but 73.67 minus 10% is still over 66 mpg. For those like me who enjoy details, I weigh 163# before clothes, boots, helmet, etc.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
It's been 5 months now.
I've gone from 1600 miles to 5200 miles.
Changed oil with Amsoil around 4600 miles.
I get about 57 mpg fairly consistently using 87 regular.
Doesn't seem to make much difference if I drive sedately or more aggressively.
I play games trying to keep my rpms less than 5K when accelerating.
I only use top tier gasoline brands.

I am very pleased with the Majesty's acceleration & am humored that I changed out the rollers in the variatior (if that is the correct terminology) in my 2005 to give it a tad more acceleration.
Stock is fine, but after riding the Honda 600 & Suzuki 650 back when I owned my 2005, I thought I needed more.

I love running errands with it, whether it be 5:15 am going to a Men's Prayer Breakfast or going to a Dr.'s appt.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts