Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I posted that a youtube video comparing 0-60 times of variuos maxi scoots showed a Burgman 650 hitting 60mph in under 5 seconds.

I'm not certian if the video I'm linking to was the same I referenced a few months back but the outcome is the same. I don't know how scientific this test was and I don't know if they used GPS but it's interesting nonetheless.

Even if these are not accurate times,it's still an interesting comparison. The video takes place in Japan. If you read what the guy says you will notice that after certain bikes it says "drivetrain of export-spec" I'm not sure what that means.. There is no such phrase following the Burgman 650. It sounds like he is making a distinction between domestic and export models. As far as I know, there is no substantial differences of the type which would effect performance between any of these bikes and their USA counter parts.

At any rate if you believe /accept this video as evidence, the Burgman/Skywave is considerably quicker to 60mph than the others. Porky owned a Tmax and a Burg650 and said there was virtually no different in the rate of acceleration.. This video shows a fairly dramatic difference between the two scooters.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Interesting...but what we don't know is what if any mods to the transmission/variator have been done to these "test" bikes...and the T-Max in the vid appears to be a Mark II... :?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Very true, anything can be hidden in that "Hollow" swingarm.

I once had a FLHS Electra Glide that looked stock (Sorta) but put out over 2.5 times the stock horsepower of it's peers! They really wouldn't know until they tried to race ol' PORKY (My HD's name) and get left in the dust!

If you can find them on youtube, look for the scooter drags! Unbelievable!!!

Sam 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.