Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

cant get cowling A off

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  dfish 
#1 ·
I cant get cowling A off to hook up my battery tender... I removed the two screws as shown in the manual, but I can not get it to come off.

John

#2 ·
did you take out the two "push pins" located in the trunk ?

if so, it should just pull off.

jason

#3 ·
Even with the push pins out mine was reticient to come off. I pushed on the points where I had removed the push pins [with a screw driver] and that did it.

#4 ·
I think most people are a little hesitant to just yank the plastic off. No one wants to scratch the finish or snap off a plastic tab. But sometimes you have to just give it a good tug or get creative like you did with the screwdriver!

The good thing about these scooters is that if you have to replace one of the panels or cowls, they aren't too expensive and they come color matched from the factory! How good a color match is yet to be determined, but I did note that you have to specify your color when ordering...

#7 ·
I had the dealer show me how they got it off on a used Majesty (not mine) -- after pulling the pins they just yanked hard on the outside straight back -- the panel creaked and groaned a bit but came off without marring the paint.

One suggestion they had was to drill a small hole in the panel between the pins and rig up a pigtail fitting to the battery so you can connect the tender without yanking the panel on and off every time -- I'm going to take a closer look at my scoot to see if I like the idea of drilling a hole there, but it does seem to make a lot more sense than pulling off that cowling every time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.