Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

debadge the Maj?

5K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  j-dub 
#1 ·
Anyone done this? Are the emblems simply glued on, or pinned on?

#3 ·
I would recommend WD-40 or Goo-Gone to soften the adhesive. Unless you have the 'right touch' you may end up distorting the tupperware from the heat. :shock:

Not me, of course! :lol: :lol:

#5 ·
I removed mine, as well as the yellow warning stickers on the dash. I found the heat gun helped a little but parking it in the sun on a hot day would be as effective. It took awhile to get all the goo off using plastic scrapers and then I think I used methyl alcohol (brake cleaner) to get the remaining haze off. I was nervous about damaging the finish, but it seems to be ok. GooGone did not work all that well, nor did wd-40. Acetone might work. I proceeded to harsher solvents as my patience wore thin.
It did require a waxing before you could no longer see where the badge had been. It's also hard to get the badge off without breaking it. If you ever want to put them back, you'd be better off buying new ones as I assume they come with the adhesive.

If you can get your hands on plastic razor blades which I've heard people talk about, then that would help a lot. Might be able to find them at a body shop supply place.

In my opinion it looks much better without the badges. but you will feel less royal.

#6 ·
For removing badges, I also use either dental floss or fishing wire. Just see saw it back and forth acting as a cutter and you can easily remove the badge without breaking it. Then you will just need to scrap off whatever is left :D

#7 ·
As far as the "blinding" badge on the handlebars, it is glued on also. I say blinding because when the sun hits it, it temporarely blinds you as you are riding.

It may be a bit more difficult to remove as it is recessed into the cover.

Jim Brock

#9 ·
After you get the letters off you can get the residue off with plastic scrappers and your fingers. Car wax works well also.

#21 ·
I defer to the more experienced riders on what they want their scoots to look like, but I have to admit that one of the things that drew me to the Majesty was the Majestic name and the Majestic looks of the bike. I personally think "Majesty" is the perfect name for this majestic machine.

#22 ·
I'm with you on the name...obviously not meant for the U.S. market.
Majesty just doesn't click with me. I did the research and found this was the bike that best fit my needs. When people aske me what it is..."it's a Yamaha!"

James,
Garland, TX

#26 ·
j-dub said:
Or remove the "MAJESTY" from the rear and replace it with "BUICK".Really freak out the cagers
Or how about this in white letters:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.