Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

Do you carry a passenger on your Majesty?

7K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  Eri3c 
#1 ·
For me, the space behind my butt is wasted. I cannot figure out how any real passenger could use the footboards? Does anybody carry a passenger on their Majesty?

#2 ·
i have regularly had people on the back.

none have complained so far.
jason

#3 ·
They are probably too busy grinning from the great ride! :mrgreen:

#4 ·
the only thing i need to get is a good back rest.

ive had someone bash their back into the topcase. so im now looking at getting the backrest. that should make things more comfortable for any pillions.

that and the autocom system that allows effortless communication between rider and pillion, with the advantage of mobile/cell phone and uhf 2way as well.

jason.

#5 ·
RonStewart said:
I cannot figure out how any real passenger could use the footboards? Does anybody carry a passenger on their Majesty?
The Majesty's wide tail section may make it difficult for shorter passengers to reach the footboards. E.g., my wife has a 28" (71 cm) inseam. When she tested the passenger seat, she found that only her heels rested on the footboards.

Until I pick up my Majesty in the spring, we won't know how much of a problem this will be. If I need to increase the footboard height, there's a set of photos with instructions (in German, but I've got a translation) at http://www.hgf.portali.de/majesty400-1.htm

#7 ·
Never have, probably never will. My wife has a bad back, and about the only way I can see her riding on a bike would be on a Gold Wing. She loves the way that passenger seat sets.

#8 ·
My wife is 5' 3" and cannot plant her feet squarely on the passenger foot rests. She has to angle her feet outward with just her heels on the footrests when she rides on the back.

Re: the reference to the German person who modified his passenger foot rests ... I read a little German and it seems that he customized new foot rests out of wood. I'll look into that, but am not sure I have the skill to actually do something like that.

#9 ·
I have carried many passengers on the Majesty. None have really complained but if I ask they do say it felt weird. I do not believe Yamaha did a good job of designing the passenger accomodations. Then again, I rarely carry people on the back and it is quite well suited for carring cargo.

#10 ·
I ride with my husband on the Majesty. I find that I move my feet around. Sometimes only my heels are on with toes pointing out and other times I have my feet straight on, but if I was going to ride for days (road trip) I think I would like a little larger peg. I also would like a back rest, etc. Planning a week trip on Majesty in late March, We'll have to see about a few improvement maybe.

#15 ·
vivadude said:
Not unless they ask for a ride. The wife will ride only if her life depends on it. It is a big win for me, because a rider to me is a liability and slows me down, especially in the curves.............
Ditto on the wife thing... :wink:

I have had a guy friend on back, with no problem. He is a European, and of course used to scooter riding.

#17 ·
My wife has been my passenger on three trips through Arkansas of 400 to 450 miles per day. The first was on a BMW R100RS, the second on a BMW K1200RS and the most recent on the Majesty. She says the Majesty is by far the most comfortable. She tried several foot positions and still isn't satisfied with the foot rests, but it is a minor problem. She has a back rest, which she likes. We had the stock windshield at the time. I put on a Givi touring screen this week and I'm sure she'll be even more comfortable now. I know I am.

#18 ·
My wife loves to ride with me. She says, though, the backrest made all the difference in the world. She hasn't said anything about her feet. I'll try to remember to ask her the next time we ride (this afternoon).

I don't mind carrying her and going through curves doesn't really bother me either. When we first start out, especially if I've been riding by myself for a few days, what I really notice is the added weight coming to a stop. There's been many a time when I've misjudged a stop and have to do it abruptly.

#19 ·
Brad said:
. . . what I really notice is the added weight coming to a stop. There's been many a time when I've misjudged a stop and have to do it abruptly.
I know. The last yard of so of travel before coming to a stop, with the weight of a passenger, is tricky. If the bike is leaning the least bit, I feel a tipover coming if I don't get my feet down. So I snatch it to a stop and get my feet planted, a very jerky manuver that results in Annie's sliding forward onto my back and her helmet hitting mine. She says I need to work on my technique.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.