Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there by chance a driver back rest? If so, would appreciate more information on that, as well as the power outlet.

I have a Givi top case with passenger back rest and brake lights. Sure would like to see a custom driver back rest. Understand Utopia tried but couldn't do it. Thanks,

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
There are a couple of backrests out there. I made my backrest from a Burgman 'butt bumper' and a Jac Vinson "butt extender".
Linky to pictures

Adding the convenience outlet appears to be a DIY (Do It Yourself) item. Installing a convenience outlet does not appear to be particularly difficult to do, but it probably needs to be mounted on a "dongle" unless you are REALLY good at panel mounting. Most motorcycle shops have add-on dongles for sale. You just need to research the best way to tie them in and make sure you do not overload the Majesty's small battery.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Unfortunately, there is not [ in the US, anyway] a backrest.

Here are some ideas: www.corbin.com ...check out the Majesty seat, and the Burgman seats. these guys do custom work, I think...

www.twistedthrottle.com ...check out the Givi line. Input your Majesty, and you'll get all the Givi parts that will fit.

Remove the seat, then the back/butt rest [ 4 screws ]. now install the seat, and see that the profile of the seat is all of a sudden much simpler, so that a curved fat roll type of backrest might just fit on the top shelf of the seat.

I'm looking at the same issues, and have removed the butt pad to give my legs more room. Sooner or later, I'll come up with something that will improve back support...

·
Banned
250 Posts
Some time ago I brought up the idea of using a Bikers Friend or Cruiser Bag for longer distance rides but the thread never got much attention. I think this would be a good solution for solo riding partly because of the Majesty seat design.

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could you possibly post some pictures of the end result? I am considering doing something along these lines and would like to see what it looks like. Also can you tell where you got the parts?

Blexcroid said:
There are a couple of backrests out there. I made my backrest from a Burgman 'butt bumper' and a Jac Vinson "butt extender".
Adding the convenience outlet appears to be a DIY (Do It Yourself) item. Installing a convenience outlet does not appear to be particularly difficult to do, but it probably needs to be mounted on a "dongle" unless you are REALLY good at panel mounting. Most motorcycle shops have add-on dongles for sale. You just need to research the best way to tie them in and make sure you do not overload the Majesty's small battery.

·
Registered
119 Posts
After reading the various posts on backrest ideas, I am posting here to maintain the previous lines of thought. I ordered a very nice pad from JC Whitney. It is designed to work with a tubular holder on a motorcycle, but I wanted just the pad to work with on this project. (It is item # 273794). It is 10"X14"X3" thick with a nice concave contour for your back.(Less than 50 bucks and seems well made). I hope to be able to make a bracket that would tuck in under the buttrest and bolt securely to the top 2 bolts on the buttrest pad, then 2 more coming down from under the pad (so they won't be seen). Any ideas on a bracket, or how to make one would be helpful. You can see the pics on this in my gallery under Drivers Backrest Options. Will keep you informed on the progress of this project. Happy Scootin!

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Old Thread - new question. I just bought a Givi TB48 Backrest . Can I remove the butt rest and replace it with the backrest?

·
Registered
32 Posts
JacqueBlue said:
Old Thread - new question. I just bought a Givi TB48 Backrest . Can I remove the butt rest and replace it with the backrest?
I installed my TB48 tonight. Looking it over, I don't see how that would work out...even if the holes lined up, it seems that the bracket would cause it to be too far back.

Plus, it needs the stability of the frame, and the seat is all plastic. It would likely flex way too much to provide the support you would need.

·
Registered
184 Posts
BladeAZ said:
JacqueBlue said:
I installed my TB48 tonight. Looking it over, I don't see how that would work out...even if the holes lined up, it seems that the bracket would cause it to be too far back.

Plus, it needs the stability of the frame, and the seat is all plastic. It would likely flex way too much to provide the support you would need.
Thanks so much! I love this Web Site! It's great for us newbies! :shock:

·
Registered
19 Posts
The new Majesty I saw at the Motorcycle show had NO removable butt rest--the butt rest was fixed and part of the front seat upholstery job. The new upholstery doesn't look all that great either IMO. No apparent way to add a backrest to the seat.

·
Registered
184 Posts
scootindan said:
The new Majesty I saw at the Motorcycle show had NO removable butt rest--the butt rest was fixed and part of the front seat upholstery job. The new upholstery doesn't look all that great either IMO. No apparent way to add a backrest to the seat.
I looked at the site and you're right, it does look like the seat is all one - it actually looked like the buttrest is a little taller than mine which would be nice. I have a 2007 so it does have a removeable but rest. However, I think I may have found a different solution in the Gallery Pics. Why did you not like the upholstery? I couldn't get a good look at it in the pics. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, Jaqueblue, the butt rest does seem to be a little bit higher. I thought the upholstery looked a bit tacky. It doesn't have the deeply embossed pattern of the previous upholstery but rather the look of a poor imitation of leather. Probably just my personal preferences. Others may love it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.