Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say how wonderful this scooter is. I've been doing a few more highway and freeway trips as of late, and I am shocked at how well this scoot accelerates and keeps on going down these roads.

I'm also proud at how much better I am at the whole 70+mph thing over the past few weeks. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Isn't it amazing how one day you're a little scared of seeing the pavement move by you at highway speeds and then one day, magically, it all seems so natural and safe?

The brain is funny like that..

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm not "afraid" of the freeway, but I don't like riding on it. (I also don't like driving an automobile on it.). I just get tired of being beat up by the wind off passing tractor trailers and motorhomes. I'll run them when I need to, but once I get out of town, I'm looking for a more peaceful road to travel.

For some reason, that I can't explain, it bothers me worse at night.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, trust me, having this scoot makes me appreciate taking "the long way", but it's nice to have the freeway available when other routes simply aren't viable.

And here in the Seattle area, there seems to be a lot of that. :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have you run your scoot on I-5? What does it feel like? I've run mine routinely around here at 65 but have never run it on the interstates.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
hanfordglow said:
Have you run your scoot on I-5? What does it feel like? I've run mine routinely around here at 65 but have never run it on the interstates.
Whilst I'm not in the Seattle area, I have had my Majesty on the congested Houston freeways as well as the Toll Road. I can keep up with the faster than posted freeway traffic with no problems. :thumbright:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've done most of my riding on 520, but finally made it over to I-5 yesterday, and had zero problems. The scoot accelerates well, gets me out of situations well (arg, Subarus), and did a fine job. My confidence in this thing gets better every day.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Only have 7,500 miles on mine, but 5,000 of that is Interstate. Have other routes available, but AM safer on the Interstate. Think how much safer it is. All veh's going the same direction, no intersections, asphault on both sides of the travel lanes "if needed", etc... What's not to love.

·
Registered
48 Posts
In Phoenix believe it or not the freeways are safer. When all the snowbids get back in town they clog the streets and turn without warning. We lose a lot of riders during the winter because they should not be on the road. I have no problem with the freeway because I know the snow birds are scared out of there mind of driving "fast" and the rest of the phoenicens are on ther with me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
While I have no real fears about riding interstates and other 4lane roads, I find that riding them is much less enjoyable than the smaller secondary roads where I can limit my speed to 55 and not hold people up too much. Speeds over 60 suck down fuel, and the wind at those speeds beats you up especially if riding in traffic. Interstates are the worst, with traffic tailgating and piling up all around you and the buffetting from high profile vehicles is many times worse at 65-70 than it is at 55. I can often feel the buffetting from tractor trailers as far back as a 1/4 mile when the truck is running 75. That and the high traffic count make it hard to find clean air to run in. But like everyone else, if that is the road to take to where you are going, you grin and bear it. It is fatiguing though to fight that buffetting for a long period of time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.