Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to replace the fuel pump in my, new to me, 2006 Majesty. I have done lots of searching here and on the internet. I can easily find the part number for the OEM Yamaha pump, but the part number for the relay is challenging. On the parts diagrams, Yamaha doesn't tell you which of the relays is for the fuel pump. Anyone know the correct part number? Also, any additional parts I should buy while I have all the plastics off? Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello,
I cannot help with the relay question other than you should be able to trace it by the wiring. A wire diagram in your manual maybe.
As for while the plastic is off - great question.
Air filters -2
Belt filter -1
Cooling system flush & fill & purge.
Oil change and pressure check.
Differential oil change
Spark plug
All need to be done a new to you scooter and that is a great time to do it. The plastic is a real PITA to take off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is there a reason why you're changing the fuel pump relay in addition to the fuel pump? I'm going through the same fuel pump problem with a "new to me" 2007 Majesty. I've never worked on a Majesty so I've been doing a lot of research as well. Check out this VIDEO on YouTube and the guy indicates which relay under the windscreen is for the fuel injection at the 7:21 mark. Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

Hand Finger Communication Device Telephony Gesture

I would also run the VIN of your scooter with a Yamaha dealership to see if the fuel pump assembly seal on your scooter has been changed from the factory recall. If not, get a new FP assembly seal (the factory service manual calls for a new seal when servicing the fuel pump but that's up to you if you want to reuse the one that's on there already). I was told that the throttle body diaphragm should be changed. It's a $25 part so I may do it now while all the plastics are off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I got to the point where almost all the plastics are off and was able to figure out which relay was the fuel pump relay. I used the trusty digital ohm meter. I wasn't necessarily going to change the relay but my Majesty has a short in the fuel system wiring, so I wanted to check the relay. At any rate the short, which I assumed was a faulty pump is actually a faulty ecu. When the ecu is unplugged the short goes away. I believe the previous owner either jump started it or hooked a battery up with the polarity reversed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts