Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2008 Majesty is running fine. She has around 9300 miles on the odometer. It has a new OEM fuel pump and seals (don't ask), and the engine oil and transmission oils were changed last year.

The tires and battery are in good shape. It is garaged when not in use.

Being proactive, what maintenance items (preventive or otherwise) should I be looking for on the horizon?

I ride this bike more than I ride my FJR, sadly.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
125 Posts
You could inspect and then replace the two engine air filters if necessary. These are down low on the chassis and act like vacuums, bringing dust and dirt up from the road and into the filters. The manufacturer's maintenance schedule for these filters is 12,000 miles but I find I need to replace them about 4 times more often, so do so with every oil change.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You could inspect and then replace the two engine air filters if necessary. These are down low on the chassis and act like vacuums, bringing dust and dirt up from the road and into the filters. The manufacturer's maintenance schedule for these filters is 12,000 miles but I find I need to replace them about 4 times more often, so do so with every oil change.
I clean mine with every oil change.
I have foam pre-filters ahead of them so I don't have to replace them.
Mike

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
There would be a lot of things I would change on the Majesty but the air filters are the worst. Two expensive & hard to change filters for a single cylinder engine plus Terrible location & hard to remove screws. For me it was even worse since I blew out my knee kneeling down trying to change one of them.
At least I have learned to check for quite a few things before I buy my next scooter. Air filter & battery access are two of them. Problem right now is there is nothing available..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts