Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I’m just looking for advice on fitting an exhaust to my Majesty 400.
I bought this on eBay and I’m wondering do I need to use a copper O-ring or gun gun paste when I fit it.
I’ve not done this before I’ve only replaced exhausts on old Kawasaki Zeds.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I’m based in the UK.

Font Cylinder Auto part Metal Automotive exhaust
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
587 Posts
There is a grafoil gasket on the pipe end to seal the muffler/pipe connection, but it isn't really necessary. Just slide the muffer over the pipe and tighten the clamp, making sure the three mounting bolts are aligned on the muffler. A bit of Lock Tite on the three bolts will help keep them tight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a grafoil gasket on the pipe end to seal the muffler/pipe connection, but it isn't really necessary. Just slide the muffer over the pipe and tighten the clamp, making sure the three mounting bolts are aligned on the muffler. A bit of Lock Tite on the three bolts will help keep them tight.
Just been told by my mechanic that the pipe it connects to is too short!!
Manifold pipe?

So it looks like I need to buy one of those now!
damn...

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have the part you need but shipping would be outrageous! You may be able to find an adapter at an auto parts store that will work for you. It just needs to slide snugly over the pipe and fit snug into the muffler.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the part you need but shipping would be outrageous! You may be able to find an adapter at an auto parts store that will work for you. It just needs to slide snugly over the pipe and fit snug into the muffler.
I found a shop on eBay that sells parts and the screenshot showing that they are selling part 13 so I’m assuming they’re selling all of those bits.
Any idea what part/s I should order for this fix?
I can’t see what number the actual pipe is. 12?
I’m assuming number 2 is the gasket that slips inside the pipe for a tight fit? I think my muffler already has this.
Font Auto part Parallel Drawing Rectangle

·
Registered
587 Posts
#2 fits OVER the pipe and into the clamp on the muffler. # 12 is the whole assembly including the small shield that is #13. You would still need #2 and #17, at a minimum. Here, the price for #13 is $190usd plus shipping. I could sell you the pipe for $15 usd, plus shipping. You would then only need to get #2,#17, and #13. shipping would be from 13126, U.S. It might still be high, but cheaper than a new one. If I were in your shoes, I would check if you have any dismantlers in your area. In this case, e Bay might be your friend....No need to buy new exhaust pipes. Even a muffler shop should be able to make a short connector pipe over your exhaust pipe and go into the muffler for not a lot of money that will work just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts