Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

Hi-Visibility Yellow Wind-breaker

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  PCM84 
#1 ·
About a month ago while out walking one morning, I saw a bicyclist wearing a solid high-visibility yellow jersey -- it just about ripped my retinas out.

I know these kind of high-vis articles of clothing don't have much street cred and aren't likely to earn much in the way of 'props' from fellow cyclists, but I picked one up anyway. The one I got is a wind-breaker, and I wear it on my daily 9 mile commute. I feel pretty naked without it now. It's brrrrrrrrrrrrrrighhhhhhhhhttttttttttt.

Since my Maj is the high-speed Charcoal Silver (which does blend in with it's surroundings quite a bit, despite it's ultra-high speed asset), I need the high-vis yellow more than some of the slower (but more visible)colors, especially the Galaxy Blue and Candy Red Majesty's... which are notoriously lethargic. You guys have my condolences.

Photo's to come.

#2 ·
PCM84 said:

Since my Maj is the high-speed Charcoal Silver (which does blend in with it's surroundings quite a bit, despite it's ultra-high speed asset), I need the high-vis yellow more than some of the slower (but more visible)colors, especially the Galaxy Blue and Candy Red Majesty's... which are notoriously lethargic. You guys have my condolences.

Photo's to come.
Well said PCM84!!! I will agree to that!! :D

#4 ·
#6 ·
I just use the standard high-vis construction vest (w reflective tape) and simply add additional velcro and snaps to keep it tight at higher speeds.
I already wear a yellow riding jacket, but add the vest at night or low vis conditions (aka rain).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.