Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot get the damn lower handlebar mount to move. Book states to remove it by loosening the upper steering ring nut. No way mine is coming off without stripping.

I've tried an arm puller. Can't get a grip anywhere. I've also used a breakfree lubricant to try and loosen things up in there. My next move is to get a bearing separator and see if that will force it off. Maybe I can get the puller to grab hold of that if the separator doesn't do the job itself.

Any other ideas why this thing won't budge?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Had same problems, some one must have used a impact to install mine! I cut off the lower handle bar cover first, then ended up stripping the first nut under it that you use to back off and remove handle bar holder. I found a pitman arm remover at the auto parts store for around $9 or $10 bucks, an import that was close/ It took quite a while with a body grinder to under cut it and a few cuts on the handlebar holder it self. Then with a big breaker bar it was all I could do to crank it down. I quit to rest and it popped off all by it self with in 30 sec of when I stopped putting pressure on it. I probably should have had a big torch on it to make it easier.

To get the pitman arm puller under and to fit on I did have to use a small cold chisel to remove the nut I stripped in order to get the room for the puller. was lucky and did not damage any threads on the steering stem.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may apply some heat. I'm hoping the bearing separator will get it off if I can find one. I've loaned them from Autozone before but they don't have any to loan or purchase where I'm at.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you finally get off the handlebar mount?

I have the same problem and tried heat and hammer but it’s stuck:(

Next step is bearing separator and after that winding sander. But I am a little bit worried about sparks near both petrol and the house.
Br
Magnus

1 - 4 of 4 Posts