Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the Majesty Forum. I pick up an 09 Majesty with only 588 miles. Any thoughts on upgrading to a Malossi Clutch and Bell?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
For what purpose? That costs quite a bit, especially if you have it done by someone else. I did it but because mine needed it & it was cheaper than the &^%$% Yamaha parts. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For what purpose? That costs quite a bit, especially if you have it done by someone else. I did it but because mine needed it & it was cheaper than the &^%$% Yamaha parts. If it ain't broke, why fix it?
Thank you for the reply!

The only reason is to get away from the three clutch system and jerkiness on starts. I also hear a ding sound on idle on the clutch area, is that normal? As for the labor I can easily do that.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I'm 81 years old & about all I can do anymore is put the gas in. When I needed the new clutch the dealer wanted over $1500. I got it done much cheaper than that but the guy didn't properly tighten the nut. When it failed it did a lot of damage & when i went back to him I discovered he had recently been killed in a motorcycle accident. I had another guy replace the damage & he charged even less & did it right. I have been riding since 1954 & of course I did most of the work myself for most of that time. I finally had to give up my Harley a couple of years ago when my knee got so bad I had a hard time shifting or even throwing my leg over the bike. I had also had a Majesty since 2005 & it had over 100,000 miles on it when I finally sold it. Now I have been looking for a new scooter but they are hard to find they say because of Covid. For now all I have is an electric bicycle. Actually I have two electric bikes but the twenty year old one I can't ride anymore. Knee problem again, you have to pedal that one, the frame size is too high, the motor too week & the battery too weak & heavy. The new one even folds up & is much easier to pedal when I want to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't tell me you have a Lectric?
I'm 81 years old & about all I can do anymore is put the gas in. When I needed the new clutch the dealer wanted over $1500. I got it done much cheaper than that but the guy didn't properly tighten the nut. When it failed it did a lot of damage & when i went back to him I discovered he had recently been killed in a motorcycle accident. I had another guy replace the damage & he charged even less & did it right. I have been riding since 1954 & of course I did most of the work myself for most of that time. I finally had to give up my Harley a couple of years ago when my knee got so bad I had a hard time shifting or even throwing my leg over the bike. I had also had a Majesty since 2005 & it had over 100,000 miles on it when I finally sold it. Now I have been looking for a new scooter but they are hard to find they say because of Covid. For now all I have is an electric bicycle. Actually I have two electric bikes but the twenty year old one I can't ride anymore. Knee problem again, you have to pedal that one, the frame size is too high, the motor too week & the battery too weak & heavy. The new one even folds up & is much easier to pedal when I want to.
Thanks for the reply.

Don't tell me you have a Lectric!? I have a Lectric and I love it!

I got my Majesty at an auction the ticket said bad fuel pump and fuel tank needs clean. Turn out to be the injector, for some reason it wasn't moving I remove it clean it and triggered with a 12v battery It came back alive put it back on and fired right up. For the fuel tank I ran the pump until all the water came out (1/2qt in it) added new gas and shes been running great.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
My old one is a Charger & it is hard to find info on because you will get so many hits for chargers. The new one is a Rebel. (See how that fits with the flag above my name.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts