Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

Morpheous

41K views 69 replies 39 participants last post by  nedan 
#1 ·
Is it me or does the Morpheous look kinda-like a snowmobile with wheels.

See less See more
#6 ·
I used to ride Arctic Cat sleds. I thought they were the best looking machines on the market until they changed to the new body style. I really think they look homely now, but for some odd reason I love the looks of the Morphous.

#7 ·
Personally I think the Morpheus is :bootyshake: ugly. It looks like it should have fuzzy dice hanging in the windshield, a horn that does La Cucaracha, and wheels that bounce when you're sitting still! :wav:

#8 ·
gruntled said:
No, the snowmobile has a much better windshield. Why couldn't they put that windshield on their motorscooters?
In actual fact snowmobile windshields are far worse by design than anything you will find in the two wheeled world. The distortions they cause are unbelievable, they are flexible as all get out to keep from being broken by trees, branches, rollovers etc. and the buffeting behind them at speed is brutal. I must say they do a mediocre job of keeping the snow out of your face and that's about it. The motorcycle industry is lucky to have the aftermarket support it does in this regard.

#13 ·
:lol: :lol: I love it. Man being a Helix owner and a Burgman owner I love to see an insult to the Ugliest scooter outside of the Honda world. The only scooter uglier in my opinion than the Big Ruckus is the Morpheous. :sign5: :glasses7:

#14 ·
Honda has a lot of Karma to work off for those ugly, ugly scoots...

Now, is it Yamaha's turn....? I'm not so sure. perhaps the small windscreen combined with the long wheelbase are what does it..

Anyway, i've got to see one in the flesh, and haven't yet.

#19 ·
Well, so far, everyones talking about this beast...has anyone even SEEN one...let alone ridden one?

#22 ·
I sat on a Morphous in Blexcroid's neighborhood (behind Kelley's Buffet), and was not impressed overall.
Yamaha fixed much of the rider room issues, and the wife thought the passenger footshelves were superior to Majesty. That said, the downside was major.
The display was a slit for digital info, about 4 inches high at middle, and tucked underneath non-existant windscreen.
There is minimal storage, because the frame is shifted down over back drive train... they have the same single helmet space at front of bench as Maj, then a pseudo trunk in the back which maybe will carry a half helmet, and there's this little "sandwich" tray under the rider... no idea what you would put there... maybe a paperback or your lunch?
The steering column is naked (would be easier to adjust), but I found the glaring chrome to be more annoying than cool.
The dealer said his customers are getting about 50-55 mpg on the road.
All in all, it's a boxy little 250 that wants to be a Helix, and I have no idea why. I like the idea of a 250, but don't see the point if economy is same as Majesty.
They waste room on the side behind rider that could be usable as built-in saddlebags (think laptop?)
That was my experience. big woo.

#23 ·
Texas Yamaha South had a Morheous in the showroom for months-- I guess they FINALLY sold it. I hope they gave them a free pair of fuzzy dice with it. I still say it looks like a lowrider on two wheels!! :lol: :lol: :p

#24 ·
I was at my dealer yesterday dropping off my scooter for service. They had one Morphous on the floor. The salesperson (whom I have know for a few years) told me that was the only one they ordered. He didn't seem to feel it was going anyplace soon. On a side note, he got 40 out of Connecticut's allocations of 70 2006 YZF-R1 LEs ( http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/499/0/home.aspx ) . They expect them all to go this summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.