Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a second two-wheel vehicle to compliment my 2020 Honda Africa Twin. Thought a Honda CB1100 would be a great addition, but the ergonomics just never worked out for me. Sold that and bought a '13 Majesty from a lady in Louisiana. Has just over 500 original miles on it, but she did take it to a shop and have it all checked up before shipping it out.

Coming from La., it's got some compromised bits on the bottom. I bought a new swingarm on eBay for $22 and I'll need to take off the centerstand and clean that up. The cast on the rear wheel is bubbling, so that'll need to be addressed. Otherwise, it looks like someone didn't know what they were doing when they removed some of the plastics and a lot of the tabs have been broken - meaning there are gaps here and there. Most concerning, it looks like the left-rear shock absorber may be about to rust apart at the base. I've already purchased the replacement for those.

I've been able to put about 100 miles on the Majesty in the past couple days. It's not zippy, but it strikes a nice balance between fun and pragmatic. I'll spend the next couple months deciding on whether this is going to be a long-term commitment or a fling. As I work through some of the issues, I'll be going back into the archives as well as asking for help from some of the more knowledgeable folks here.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take a stab at putting in 13 gram rollers. It might help with the "Zip".
Once I start getting into it, exploring rollers is near the top of the list. Thanks for the confirmation.

I like the 30-60 mph acceleration, but I'd like to be get off the line a bit more ahead of the cars. Just don't want to negate too much of the top end. Cars on my short stretch of freeway cruise at around 85 mph.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I installed Dr. Pulley sliders, don't remember the exact weight I settled on but I went lighter for better acceleration. Significant improvement in mid-range acceleration and can still cruise at an indicated 95 mph with more to go.
I also installed a Dr. Pulley HiT clutch, it comes with multiple sets of springs to adjust both clutch engagement and clutch lock-up rpm. I used the mid-range springs for both, resulted in a slight improvement in initial acceleration while retaining smooth clutch engagement with a harsh lock-up only felt under hard acceleration from a stop.

CVTs just don't accelerate hard out of the hole, doesn't matter if it's in a car or a motorcycle. Combine that with a relatively heavy bike and 400cc thumper and you're not going to set any 1/4 mile records.

The first couple of seconds seem slow but after that I never have any problem pulling away from traffic at stop lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts