Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the Yamaha Motors Canada 2006 scooter brochure at the Cycle World Show in Winnipeg yesterday. A new accessory for the 05 and 06 Majesty is aluminum handlebar ends (@ $52.95CDN).

Maybe they protect the handlebars in a tipover. Of course the downside is that the added weight and wind resistance of the handlebar ends will reduce the Majesty's top speed by .01 km/h. :D

BTW, there wasn't much to see maxiscooter-wise at the show. Dealer displays included a Majesty (an 05 model), a Burgman 400, a Piaggio X9, and a Silverwing. The Honda Reflex (would it be classified as a midiscooter?) is coming to Canada this year, but none was at the show.

·
Registered
376 Posts
There was a major show near Vancouver over the weekend. I didn't go, but I gather that all the manufacturers had their whole lines there. Sounds like the Peg got ripped off.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Jay said:
I picked up the Yamaha Motors Canada 2006 scooter brochure at the Cycle World Show in Winnipeg yesterday. A new accessory for the 05 and 06 Majesty is aluminum handlebar ends (@ $52.95CDN).

Maybe they protect the handlebars in a tipover. Of course the downside is that the added weight and wind resistance of the handlebar ends will reduce the Majesty's top speed by .01 km/h. :D
The extra weight on the handlebars actually will suppress vibration, especially at highway speeds. If they are long enough, they may protect the break levers from bending in a tip-over. The levers extend about an inch over the length of the handlebars, so even the slightest tip-over will usually bend them substantially. :? (Been there, done that, got the bent lever to prove it!) Looking forward to seeing a pair in three or four years when Yamaha brings them to the US! :roll:

Glad to hear that Yamaha listened and came out with the product.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.