Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would start a new thread since old ones just get tossed aside. I bought a 2006 Majesty that didn't run. The seller told me it needed a fuel pump. My first mistake was letting someone else diagnose a problem. It actually had a direct short across the 12v dc+ and the 12v dc- at the ecu. A used ecu corrected the problem and the Majesty came to life. My dilemma was that I had all the plastics off and should I replace the pump anyway. Well I did buy an Aftermarket pump and installed it today. The bike runs and after plastics install, tomorrow I will give her the first ride in several years.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took the Majesty for a nice shakedown ride today. My first ride on a real scooter, not a 50cc rental. This thing is pretty impressive. Nice power, nice brakes, smooth idle! Might be looking for an OEM windshield for it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I think you'll find it to be a nice all around ride. Good handling, good power,good fuel mileage, and not a killer on maintenance. Check/clean/ the filters, change the oil and filter regularly, check your tires and pressures-that's about it. I've found that OEM belts last 20K miles or more( and still in spec), while my experience with aftermarket belts has been dismal. I change tires before hitting the wear bars, but usually went 6-8K on the rear and 12-15k on the front , depending on brand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts