Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I get a new scooter I head down to the local Hooters for a photo opportunity. This photo is long overdue. By the way, Maria and Alejandra (the two ladies in the photo) are tiny, so they make the XMAX look HUGE!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Curious about the X max. How does it compare in terms of the things I don't like about the Majesty?
1. Access to the battery
2. Air filters. How many, location & difficulty in replacing
3. Access to the valve stem on the rear tire to check air pressure
4. Access to the oil filter. There is one screw on the cover that is hard to get to.
5. Checking the oil level. The tube on the Majesty is too short & a problem when the engine is hot. It is also difficult to add oil.
6. Gauges. I find it almost impossible to read the gauges when heading into the sun.
7. Adding gasoline. It is probably not a problem in the free states but in the Demokratik People's Republik of Kalifornia it is a major problem getting the &^%$ gas nozzle into & out off the tank. It is soooo much easier when I go to Arizona. (Not to mention CHEAPER)

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I did get a few answers.
There appear to be three air filters but only one cover & it is higher up & so more accessible. The pre air filter only needs to be blown out & not replaced. The sub air filter is likely much cheaper. The air filter element is probably as expensive as the Majesty filter. It also appears the air intake is higher up & should not act like a vacuum cleaner scoping up dirt from the road.
There is an oil sight glass instead of a dip stick. That COULD be okay if it is easy to see. On the Virago I had I had to lay down on the ground to see the sight glass.

The battery access is under the front panel and appears to be easy to get to.

How is access to the rear valve stem? Can you check the air pressure easily? Do you have any problem seeing the gauges, especially the speedometer?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wheels on the XMAX are bigger than the wheels on the Majesty so the stem SHOULD be easier to access. The ONE thing BMW did right with the C650GT was to offset the valve stems from center making them easier to access. I haven't had any real issues getting to the rear stem BUT the first time I replace the tires I am also going to install those 90 degree angled stems in place of the vertical stock items, especially on the rear. The front tire isn't really a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts