Back three years ago the dealer put in some screws that I mentioned in a previous thread, and I noticed one had come out, augh! (even though the cover was not loose).
I went to Lowes and was going to find a nut small enough to fit, glue it in the "sheath", then have a nice arrangement for future.
They didn't have any nuts small enough, and rather than go to the hardware store I got a plasitic 1/4 x 1 inch screws and metal machine metric screws to try.
In the wood screws 12 was to small now (Ithink that is what was used previous), and the 14 was too big.
I used the plastic (wanted to use the 1/2 length, but if it was going to work itself out, I wanted to have the longer one in.
Like the other screw, it did not snug up, but hopefully there is enough resistence there that it will hold ( the other held up for almost 3 years).
I was reading where someone had replaced the philips head screws for the body panels for replacing the filters with hex head sscrews so it would be easier in the future, sounds like a great idea; I will address that next spring or maybe before winter.
I have 18K on mine now and I don't intend to do the belt yet, and the brakes, I asked on this site about how to check, since there was no picture, I can't tell where the "groove" is that indicated replacement time.'
While I'm blathering: I could buy a new Tmax for $6200 (I think) from a place going out of business, which I might have done at the beginning of the summer, but now I am really happy (again) with the Majesty. It is all I need for 85% of what I do. Most of what I do can be done with a 250cc but I love being able to get on the expressway and cruise at 80 mph with little vibration and get 55 mpg.
That being said, if money wasn't tight now with house repairs and work extra work drying up, the Tmax would be fun.