Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congratulations on your 100,000 miles. That is incredible. The Majesty is a great machine.

I have been thinking the same thing too...is anybody home on this site?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I check this forum from time to time.
Back on a Majesty 400 again (third one) after a few others (Burgman 400, Tmax, some smaller scoots...
Found a 2014 w/ 329 original miles, so pretty happy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's sad how inactive this site is. There are 2 admins and each last logged on back in 2012. There's a couple guys on Facebook trying to join but can't get approval.

·
Super Moderator
529 Posts
Cynigal said:
It's sad how inactive this site is. There are 2 admins and each last logged on back in 2012. There's a couple guys on Facebook trying to join but can't get approval.
I am one of two new moderators since the site was majorly hacked a few years back. Those other guys are pretty much gone on. We are not the owners. I sign on almost everyday to make sure that everyone is behaving. :lol:

I have not seen any recent new member requests, but I don't handle that. I can't remember, but I thought becoming a member was pretty much automatic when you create an account. Have them try again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
test test...
I also saw on reddit that people were having issues, so I decided to check it out for myself, since I love this forum and want to contribute more to it...
I just registered right now, today on april 18th at 2am and it is allowing me to post on here... IT SEEMS TO WORK NOW! YAY

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I feel your problems. I tried to log in that site & can't do it. I tried to create an account & it says Gruntled is already being used. So I tried that & tried to get the password for it but NOTHING.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've been gone since 2010, but getting a used 2012 (with 1587 miles) this week.
I ran across this site & with some experimenting was able to get in when I figured out my username & was able to change my password.
Don't see much use here.
What forum are people going to for discourse about the Majesty?

·
Registered
111 Posts
doddgary said:
There's occasional Maj discussion here, but there's more activity about TMAX scoots. On Reddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/YamahaMajesty_Owners/ had been started then abandoned so I took on its moderation. It has even lower activity than here, and what activity has been going on there has been mostly a discussion of the lack of forum administration here. Until very recently, this site had a broken procedure for new users to join, so we were not getting new users.

·
Registered
219 Posts
jggimi said:
doddgary said:
There's occasional Maj discussion here, but there's more activity about TMAX scoots. On Reddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/YamahaMajesty_Owners/ had been started then abandoned so I took on its moderation. It has even lower activity than here, and what activity has been going on there has been mostly a discussion of the lack of forum administration here. Until very recently, this site had a broken procedure for new users to join, so we were not getting new users.
How unfortunate!
I'm so excited to be getting back into a scooter again.
I have some questions I wanted to process.
Now I wonder if anybody will even answer me.

Less than 2000 miles on the 2012 Majesty I'm buying.
Oil has been changed every summer but the person I had two Majesty's and only rode the other one 6000 miles and it was a 2010.
It's been in the garage.
I didn't know how urgent I should be about changing out:
brake fluid
Radiator fluid
Final drive fluid
Clutch fluid (if Majesty has that likely Burgman does)

I was going to buy a 2008 Suzuki Bergman 400 that the old man only had 10.5 K miles on it because of just driving back-and-forth to work he would never done anything besides change the oil,
Like I suspect lots of people do on scooters.

I'm finding that motorcycle shops even the Suzuki dealership here won't work on anything over 10 years old.
Maybe the Honda dealer here will work on mine for this year and next before it becomes 10 years old

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's been sitting for a decade. I'd not only change fluids, I'd consider replacing all rubber components: tires first, but also consider replacing all vacuum and brake lines. The Maj has an air cooled belt-drive CVT and dry clutch, so there's no transmission fluid to change.

There are 3 air filters: 2 for the engine -- 1 on each side of the bike -- and an air filter for the CVT. The engine filters will likely need to be replaced more frequently than Yamaha recommends. The filter housings are attached with JIS screws. JIS looks like Philips but isn't Philips. If you don't use a JIS screwdriver you *will* strip them, and if you use a JIS screwdriver you still risk stripping them. Use a long JIS screwdriver, lots of penetrating oil, and even more patience than you think will be necessary.

·
Registered
219 Posts
jggimi said:
It's been sitting for a decade. I'd not only change fluids, I'd consider replacing all rubber components: tires first, but also consider replacing all vacuum and brake lines. The Maj has an air cooled belt-drive CVT and dry clutch, so there's no transmission fluid to change.

There are 3 air filters: 2 for the engine -- 1 on each side of the bike -- and an air filter for the CVT. The engine filters will likely need to be replaced more frequently than Yamaha recommends. The filter housings are attached with JIS screws. JIS looks like Philips but isn't Philips. If you don't use a JIS screwdriver you *will* strip them, and if you use a JIS screwdriver you still risk stripping them. Use a long JIS screwdriver, lots of penetrating oil, and even more patience than you think will be necessary.
Thanks! I want JIS screwdrivers, I find I can get them at or someplace.

Well you were saying is consistent with the reading I did over the weekend!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jggimi said:

Then replace them with Phillips head screws.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ordered my "Japanese" Phillips & they are to be delivered Friday.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts