Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
jggimi said:
It's been sitting for a decade. I'd not only change fluids, I'd consider replacing all rubber components: tires first, but also consider replacing all vacuum and brake lines. The Maj has an air cooled belt-drive CVT and dry clutch, so there's no transmission fluid to change.

There are 3 air filters: 2 for the engine -- 1 on each side of the bike -- and an air filter for the CVT. The engine filters will likely need to be replaced more frequently than Yamaha recommends. The filter housings are attached with JIS screws. JIS looks like Philips but isn't Philips. If you don't use a JIS screwdriver you *will* strip them, and if you use a JIS screwdriver you still risk stripping them. Use a long JIS screwdriver, lots of penetrating oil, and even more patience than you think will be necessary.
I picked up a set of JIS drivers off amazon for like $15. I picked up a 2009 a couple months ago and did full fluid change and belt change and swapped out some roller weights while had the cvt apart. It took a couple evenings and half a Sunday to get it all done (there was tire change in there too). I highly recommend lightening your roller weights, it made a huge difference for low end acceleration.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ferball said:
jggimi said:
It's been sitting for a decade. I'd not only change fluids, I'd consider replacing all rubber components: tires first, but also consider replacing all vacuum and brake lines. The Maj has an air cooled belt-drive CVT and dry clutch, so there's no transmission fluid to change.

There are 3 air filters: 2 for the engine -- 1 on each side of the bike -- and an air filter for the CVT. The engine filters will likely need to be replaced more frequently than Yamaha recommends. The filter housings are attached with JIS screws. JIS looks like Philips but isn't Philips. If you don't use a JIS screwdriver you *will* strip them, and if you use a JIS screwdriver you still risk stripping them. Use a long JIS screwdriver, lots of penetrating oil, and even more patience than you think will be necessary.

I picked up a set of JIS drivers off amazon for like $15.
I picked up a 2009 a couple months ago and did full fluid change and belt change and swapped out some roller weights while had the cvt apart. It took a couple evenings and half a Sunday to get it all done (there was tire change in there too). I highly recommend lightening your roller weights, it made a huge difference for low end acceleration.
Thanks!
Ordered this week & received Friday!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had been trying to log in for 2 years with no luck. The response would be that I would receive an email for new password, it never came. I gave up on it. A few weeks ago, someone posted on another forum that the admins/owners had revitalized this forum. I got the email response for a new passord, so here I am.
Thank you to those in charge for restarting this forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It was really slow before and now with the face lift ---- It's dead here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was one of the ones locked out from registering on the old site. Hopefully the problem has now been resolved!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts